View Poll Results: How should the WK180-C 7.62x39 be configured?

Voters
1369. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leave the lower alone so we can use AR mags!! Think of the pistol mags!!!

725 52.96%
  • Rock and lock those AK mags, the only true option for 7.62x39!

377 27.54%
  • Offer it as a conversion kit only... no point in buying another lower.....

205 14.97%
  • Bad communist caliber.. NYET!!!! No 7.62x39 for you.

62 4.53%
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: Wk180-c 7.62x39

6.5 Grendel please with AR mags.
    Hi, my name is Mark and I'm a gun-whore.

Quote Originally Posted by mark k View Post
    6.5 Grendel please with AR mags.
    7.62 x51 , 308 win, XCR mags. Maybe a 300 win mag . Just dreaming.

CGN Regular
    If you can make $1000 non-restricted AR, why don't you make $1000 non-restricted AK that accepts AK mags? May be based on SKS?

Otherwise my vote goes for STANAG mags. AR should shoot AR mags even in 7.62x39.

Quote Originally Posted by gshamray View Post
    If you can make $1000 non-restricted AR, why don't you make $1000 non-restricted AK that accepts AK mags? May be based on SKS?

Otherwise my vote goes for STANAG mags. AR should shoot AR mags even in 7.62x39.
    Why not just buy an sks?

Quote Originally Posted by slicknick View Post
    This guys gets it. Anyone who says AK is either thinking only about looking cool or has delusions of cheap surplus mags.
    This man knows what's up ^

I like the idea of 10 round pistol mags, but those 30 round ar mags look ugly as sin. I would rather have 5 round ak mags just for the look!

Thats basically the type 81 you just described..

Not to mention that m10x non ak, for an extra grand.
    Last edited by $kull; 02-14-2018 at 05:40 PM.

CGN Regular

because anything AK is prohibited by name maybe,,LOL

CGN Regular
    as much as AK mags would be the best choice for proper function,that would make no buisness sense,and require a major re-design of the lower,which would again mean RCMP inspection,long,,LONGGGGGGG wait time,quickest best most economical solution,regular lower with AR mags,faster to get to manufacturing and into people's hands,those who just have to have AK mags saying they wont buy one is a very tiny portion of sales,garanteed if they offered a pre sale today for 1000 Ar mag 7.62x39 rifles,they would sell out as fast as the first bunch did,and i'm pretty sure even some of the Ak mag guys would jump in,i gotta say,this rifle design is pretty clever,to bad the original design didn't have a interchangeable magwell,that would have made things a bit easier for the Ak mag guys,but all these detail would keep driving up the price,NOT what this rifle was intended to be,this thing is intended to finally bring a NR semi with an AR look for a non budget busting price,and it seems to have done that pretty nicely.

CGN frequent flyer Overlander2018's Avatar
    If you plan on exporting this rifle to the US and overseas eventually you should not base your decision on the 5 or 10 round mag limitations.
    I think an AK mag version would be a nice alternative and you will reach a much wider base, even just in Canada.
    I'm sure the aftermarket, or you would take care of building and making money off of AR mag adapters.

I don't understand the whole redesign will cost more bit people are talking about. This rifle had to be designed as well... it is not an exact replica, some things are different and needed design time and they are still $995. Designing a mag well is not rocket science and cnc's cut what they are told too... no new tooling is required

If a new frt is required for the AK version you could start making ×39 uppers as a conversion kit in the meantime and everyone is happy.
    Last edited by Overlander2018; 02-14-2018 at 08:18 PM.
    "Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading."