Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: prophet river???

Quote Originally Posted by stubblejumper View Post
    I prefer it that their every day prices tend to be lower than the competition. If you can afford to constantly offer significant discounts during sales, your prices are too high in the first place.
    I watch prices closely. Their prices are very much on par or higher than Cabelas etc. Nosler brass and many reloading components are actually higher at PR. Its the service and the odd sale that pulls me there. Very seldom the price.
    Money isn't everthing. It's just something needed to purchase anything.

Quote Originally Posted by saskdude99 View Post
    I watch prices closely. Their prices are very much on par or higher than Cabelas etc. Nosler brass and many reloading components are actually higher at PR. Its the service and the odd sale that pulls me there. Very seldom the price.
    Cabela's has a lower cost because they purchase in volume and likely across canada so when PR orders 100 of an item Cabela's orders 10,000 guess who gets the lower price per unit?

I will gladly pay more in exchange for customer service and keeping funds local

I expect customer service everywhere, customers shouldn't have to pay more for it. As the downturn in the economy continues PRICE become more important. Most people aren't going to pay 10% or more on bigger ticket items or orders because they are good guys. A drop in margin would inevitably create an increase in volume and in turn pull business away from your competition
    Money isn't everthing. It's just something needed to purchase anything.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by saskdude99 View Post
    You might find a few items that are priced lower at Cabelas, but overall, I find Cabelas prices to be higher than Prophet River, and even higher than Wholesale Sports used to be. This is especially true of firearms, I have never purchased a firearm from Cabelas, but but I have purchased many from Prophet River, and even a few from Wholesale Sports. I actually ca'[t think of anything that I have purchased from Cabelas that wasn't on sale for a significant discount.
    only accurate guns are interesting

I rarely add but I feel compelled to add to this thread that Prophet River has been excellent to deal with. I received service above and beyond what any box store would give. I have bought Anschutz and ammo on different occasions from them and all has gone well. As to the service that went above and beyond I had an issue with Talley rings. Prophet river sent me new ones. I received a new box with 2 new "front rings" ( the rings were for CZ 527 ). Prophet River right away sent me the other box which had 2 new "rear rings". Now I have almost $300 of rings I have not paid for. ( I sent all the extras back ) That sort of service I call excellent ! Thanks Prophet River
    loaded gun

Never had an issue when I em’d to enquire about used guns a couple times. Seem very professional

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    One of my favourite places to order from- optics, reloading gear, etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by 6.5x55swm View Post
    anyone have troubles with them, I was trying to get some info about a mag to fit my vanguard and the fella I was emailing with might be drunk or just a dumbass, wtf
    lol

Super GunNutz
    In 2017
    I purchased 9 rifles from PR, none of these were available at Cabelas.
    3 handguns PR price was better then Cabelas
    4 Sawarovski scopes again PR had them and the price was better.

Ammo,dies, brass at very competitive prices, most important they either had it in stock or could order it in for me.

In my experience Cabelas Canada mail order service sucks. PR is superb.

I watch prices however dealers such as PR that offer great service will always have my support vs the box stores.

FYI Cabelas Moncton locked their doors today, so much for the bargains

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scott_r's Avatar
    I believe they are the #1 gun related business in Canada. Ive had nothing but positive experiences from them. Any issue I suspect its from the buyers end.