Thread: Got my Beretta 9mm...

Got my Beretta 9mm...

last month. My goodness what a smooth piece. I don't know if the previous police user ever fired it, but he must have racked it many times in training. Slide works like butter, no grit. In single action, the trigger is nice and light, crisp and consistent break. Double action is... double action. I don't own any other Berettas to compare it to, but aside from the unusual mag release (92s) they certainly made a fine item.
    Thanks for the Christmas deal
    Army buddy: I nicknamed my rifle Bella

Me: You know Bella means both War and Beauty in Latin at the same time

Army buddy: Well that's oddly poetic

BANNED
    I'd like to add a nice Italian made one to my group..perhaps by next Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Zues View Post
    last month. My goodness what a smooth piece. I don't know if the previous police user ever fired it, but he must have racked it many times in training. Slide works like butter, no grit. In single action, the trigger is nice and light, crisp and consistent break. Double action is... double action. I don't own any other Berettas to compare it to, but aside from the unusual mag release (92s) they certainly made a fine item.
    Thanks for the Christmas deal
    Unusual mag release? Did you get an Ex Police refurb gun with a european heel release?

I got one of these as well. It is very nice. I am curious if the slide and barrel were refinished or replaced because they do not look nearly as worn as the frame. I am happy with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangeday View Post
    Unusual mag release? Did you get an Ex Police refurb gun with a european heel release?
    Yep, the 92 'S' mag release is on the grip near the heel but with a button you'd find on the frame of most other semis, rather than directly under like a P38. Not quite sure what the rationale was, but it definitely ensures I don't drop my mag when I release it.

Quote Originally Posted by call2arms View Post
    I got one of these as well. It is very nice. I am curious if the slide and barrel were refinished or replaced because they do not look nearly as worn as the frame. I am happy with mine.
    I thought the same. The finish doesn't seem to match, but it doesn't affect the function. I got what I paid for

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Zues View Post
    I thought the same. The finish doesn't seem to match, but it doesn't affect the function. I got what I paid for
    I am just curious more than anything. Who, when, and where was it the refinished?