Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any Home-Brewers on here!?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    Blackberry fermented with Burgundy yeast and part grape concentrate for a little more vinosity.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Working with a Brewery for brew your own and we are making a maple mead right now!
    Hearts and Minds; Two best places to shoot
    Fighting in a basement provides challenges, Number 1 your fighting in a basement!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    I make beer and wine in the summer and fall. I like a Cabernet Savignon most times, and my beer is ok but I'm still working on getting it better.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost Cracked View Post
    Don't forget your thump keg.....

I do a bit of home-brewing in the summer with friends, and cider and wine in the fall. It's a lot of fun and a learning experience about what makes something good, and, what's best poured out back and never talked about again....

My favourate home-brews are IPA's and Wheat Beers. Easy enough to make and thy don't require the extra equipment or water-testing for lagers or pilsners. Also refreshing on a hot day.
    You have the same user name as a fellow off another "home brew" fourm.

Coincidence :D

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I have made everything l could possible imagin. Problem is I have expensive taste and its not easy to make the stuff i enjoy.

Lots of summers I spend a week or two brewing and bottle in the fall and winter.

CGN frequent flyer
    Man, 303 showed us he was educated, now he is showing us he is a conosieur of women and fine wine

Making some damn good mead regularly. Got a couple dozen bottle of strawberry and lemon... now I need to put one in the fridge !
    Tous les jours nous nous endormons plus instruits mais pas forcément moins betes...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scarecrow's Avatar
    Working on a coopers lager right now, planning on making mead soon with some Italian honey. Really useful hobby for SHTF and with all the taxes/monopolies on alcohol there is a lot of money to be saved.
    Order in council, for when politicians want to order people instead of being ordered by the people.

Should police follow the law or should law follow the police?

I used to do 'homebrews' so to speak, at a couple of brew-on-premises shops many years ago in the T.O. area, then lived in Montreal for a few years, where that kind of business wasn't allowed, so I was forced to get all the kit myself and brewed in my apartment there. I always preferred amber and darker ales, and eventually got into chocolate and crystal malts, weaning myself away from syrups and going towards real all-grain recipes. My buddies always drank my experiments quite eagerly and always had glowing compliments so I must have been doing something right. My chestnut brown ale was a favourite. Unfortunately, for one reason or another, when I moved back here, my brew gear went into the back of the garage in storage and hasn't seen the light of day since. Right now, I have a great little local brewpub very close by, and they make really great stuff, but maybe I'll get the bug again some day.
    Funny you mention mead, because I had started getting books and reading up on that, as my next project, just before I moved back and put my gear away. 😁

I love making a good red myself. I have found the Fastferment system to produce excellent quality with so much less equipment and space. For those on a budget, Costco sells a few decent kits for about $50 a batch. Keeps me in good spirits ��

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast