Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Greetings Gun Nutz, from all of us here at CompassArmor!

Quote Originally Posted by CompassArmor View Post
    Non-Ballistic plate?
    Weight plates for training. Armor can be fragile.
    I am a kit hor(der)

Last edited by cciphantom; 07-15-2018 at 07:32 PM.
    "If someone succeeds in provoking you, realize that your mind is complicit in the provocation" Epictetus

CGN Regular
    Just wanted to give some feedback. My order from Compass came quickly, and very well packaged. The product itself seems very high quality. Also, as some had asked, there was NO brokerage fee from DHL.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rain112 View Post
    Just wanted to give some feedback. My order from Compass came quickly, and very well packaged. The product itself seems very high quality. Also, as some had asked, there was NO brokerage fee from DHL.

thanks
    This was biggest worry, really glad to hear there's no brokerage fees.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain112 View Post

thanks
    I also placed an order. The product was excellent, the sizing and design amazingly accurate: I would give Compass Armor a 9.5 out of 10 no problem.

I recommend that you do not pre-pay any duties and taxes fees with DHL because if you do and the package happens to be held by CBSA you will have a b!tch of time: CBSA will want you to pay them before giving you documents for DHL to release the package, and then getting the pre-paid duties back from DHL will be an issue. I was told in that case DHL has to go to "head office" and have a cheque mailed out and that can take 6-8 weeks. (edit: I did not pre-pay)

I also had a situation where Compass Armor in Hong Kong did not give a full invoice amount with the shipment on the declaration of value and that flagged my purchase immediately with CBSA. I had zero issues with paying taxes and duties with CBSA and getting my package then released from DHL once I showed them the relevant information I was smart enough to bring with me in advance (original Compass Armor receipt, driver's license, the Alberta Body Armour Control Act and my valid PAL): I had a very, very professional CBSA agent that was zero problems to deal with. (I was nervous, but the CBSA agent was professional, kind and helpful. Duties and taxes code is at the discretion of the officer, so it could have been bad: up to 18% duty for clothing plus 5% GST for Alberta. edit: in other words, be a d!ck and it's not going well for you... kindness and understanding gets it done.)

Due to Compass in Honk Kong not giving the full invoice amount and thus getting my package flagged for inspection and re-assessment, again I would still give Compass Armor the 9.5 out of 10 as a review.
    Last edited by Aniest; 04-25-2018 at 09:56 PM. Reason: added
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

Compass, what helmet is supposed to mate up with the half face mask?

Says he doesn't buy Chinese yet more than likely posted this from a Chinese made cell phone or computer.
    Give me liberty or give me death

So, any word on what helmet is supposed to match up to your helmet coped ballistic mask? I was part of a group buy, and through correspondence in emails I’ve yet to receive an answer as to what I’m supposed to do with a mask that fits no helmets I own or have found. You’d said you’d change the description on the site but that does me zero good if I already own one. Will you exchange it, or take a return? It’s also incredibly uncomfortable. I doubt anyone could wear it for more than a couple minutes.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Makembite View Post
    So, any word on what helmet is supposed to match up to your helmet coped ballistic mask? I was part of a group buy, and through correspondence in emails I’ve yet to receive an answer as to what I’m supposed to do with a mask that fits no helmets I own or have found. You’d said you’d change the description on the site but that does me zero good if I already own one. Will you exchange it, or take a return? It’s also incredibly uncomfortable. I doubt anyone could wear it for more than a couple minutes.
    Please message us know your order number and delivery address.

Any changes to shipping or import policies? The store in your signature is in American dollars?
    I am a kit hor(der)