CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Restriced transfer time

i got my restricted transfers approvals for both my handguns in BC in less that 24 hrs. i always tell them i want it emailed to me and its a lot faster.

I second that for the 3 week Ontario wait. I got my new shadow 2 yesterday

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeB View Post
    I don't know if this helps in other provinces but in BC if you get the transfer number from the seller and call it in they will usually ask you the usual questions and approve the transfer right after you call. Still have to wait for paper in the mail but calling in with the number does seem to help.

You actually donít have to wait you can request for them to email you a copy
    Of the transfer.

In the old system (1990's) I waited 2 months for a 617 Smith that matched my 686.

Alberta is wicked fast.

CGN Regular
    I am waiting 3 weeks and counting. I feel sorry for the seller. Why would anyone want to wait a f'n month for their money?

CGN Regular
    i had one transfer take too long last year..called CFO,,i'm in ontario,asked what was the hold up,lady said,my file was with a lady on vacation for 3 weeks,and it would get done when she returned,i told the lady,"fine then,take your time,the current owners will LOAN it to me until the transfer comes"after all it's already paid for,and the longer they waste time to greater the danger of something happening,like being stolen or something,lady asked me to wait a minute,she came back on the line,she said she went and got the file,and will process it herself,i got the email notice the next day,it's NOT illegal to BORROW a restricted firearm,

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by heliace View Post
    I am waiting 3 weeks and counting. I feel sorry for the seller. Why would anyone want to wait a f'n month for their money?
    Every time I have sold something (and bought something), purchasers paid right away. Ultimately if I (or the seller) did something naughty like balk on sending the purchaser could have reported it, they have approval and evidence of money transfer.
    That is the one advantage with this system. You have the law on your side.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey1 View Post
    i had one transfer take too long last year..called CFO,,i'm in ontario,asked what was the hold up,lady said,my file was with a lady on vacation for 3 weeks,and it would get done when she returned,i told the lady,"fine then,take your time,the current owners will LOAN it to me until the transfer comes"after all it's already paid for,and the longer they waste time to greater the danger of something happening,like being stolen or something,lady asked me to wait a minute,she came back on the line,she said she went and got the file,and will process it herself,i got the email notice the next day,it's NOT illegal to BORROW a restricted firearm,
    This is the stupid thing about the govt, when the person went on holiday there should have been a backup taking on their load. Our clearances had the same thing happen where the delegated person went on summer holidays and all of us in our project (which is considered operational) had to take a one day vacation

Quote Originally Posted by JakeB View Post
    I don't know if this helps in other provinces but in BC if you get the transfer number from the seller and call it in they will usually ask you the usual questions and approve the transfer right after you call. Still have to wait for paper in the mail but calling in with the number does seem to help.
    What are the usual questions? What am I obligated to answer?