Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Gun and Gang Violence Summit

BANNED
    They just said on global national they are rolling out a new "firearms legislation" what does that even mean? Could someone explain

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_B View Post
    I find this theatre troubling.

Normally the Liberals seem to prefer to whip out their policies with loud virtue signalling up front and - only when pressured - do a tour of meaningless town halls and call it stakeholder consultation... without changing their policies a whit.

So how over the top stupid & bad does their policy have to be that they need to stage this first?
    Good observation and food for thought. There isa pattern to their behaviour isn't there.

I don't have an answer other than they are really late on the rollout of the Bill so maybe this was staged to make it look like it's really hard?
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scout_289's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironheart View Post
    They just said on global national they are rolling out a new "firearms legislation" what does that even mean? Could someone explain
    CBC web page is dribbling out some hints under the Politics tab.,
    Let's follow the USA example: https://project2025.afsp.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Toolkit_Safe_Firearm_Storage_CLEARED_508_2-24-20.pdf

Sounds like it's more in depth screening for mental health and violent offenses in a person's past.
    Money isn't everthing. It's just something needed to purchase anything.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aprilia Man's Avatar
    This?

RCMP will have the "Authority" to re-asses present gun owners for Mental Health Issues and Violence.

Wow .... better be nice all the time to the significant other!
    CCFR MDRGC

Quote Originally Posted by scout_289 View Post
    I don't have an answer other than they are really late on the rollout of the Bill so maybe this was staged to make it look like it's really hard?
    That did occur to me too.
    They need to stall long enough to formulate a response timed to avoid doing anything but dangling it as a promise if re-elected.

After all, that is really their primary objective.
    CSSA and now - on Trudeau's recommendation - CCFR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jarlath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sailor723 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'm curious if there are reps from the gun owners orgs invited.
    Tony Bernardo - CSSA
    Wes Winkel - CSAAA
    Allison DeGroot - CSAAA
    Tracy Wilson - CCFR
    "Every loss of a soldier is a significant one. These great Canadians, died serving Canada and the people of Afghanistan."
    Modified statement of Col. Mike Cessford, deputy commander of Canadian Forces in Afghanistan.

Vice President for the Canadian Shooting Sports Association www.cssa-cila.org
    Active participant of the ODPL www.odplonline.org

OK but are the gun owner orgs invited to present? Or just sit mutely in the audience?
    CSSA and now - on Trudeau's recommendation - CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilia Man View Post
    This?

RCMP will have the "Authority" to re-asses present gun owners for Mental Health Issues and Violence.

Wow .... better be nice all the time to the significant other!
    Wasn't this always the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_B View Post
    OK but are the gun owner orgs invited to present? Or just sit mutely in the audience?
    I only watched certain parts of the agenda related to guns specifically. The orgs were not part of the agenda nor did I see any reference to them. They were just there to participate by listening in to what was being tabled by the looks of it.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast