Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Send in Gun Range Membership Before Purchasing Restricted?

Quote Originally Posted by HadEnuff View Post
    I just renewed and they sent me a follow up letter stating I owned restricted and needed to send in proof of club membership to have my ATT attached to it. I could still own my restricted, but, would need to apply for STATT if I wanted to go to the range if I didn't have current membership. I sent in my membership..... I live in BC.
    Just did the same in Alberta.
    pandering to paranoia produces pointless prosecutions of people

I am hearing a lot of different info on attaining restricted guns. Next week I am going to Cabela's and see what they say about buying a restricted firearm. I don't have a range membership, only planning to get one in April. I have a PAL/RPAL. I'll let you know what is said.
    2+2=5

BANNED
    I sent in our memberships for our private range 2 weeks ago. Heard nothing yet.

My kid just bought her first hand gun and paper work came in the mail yesterday . So she is good to go to the range now . First get your range membership and buy your gun everything then gets filled out at the store and then came in the mail

I think you just need a membership when u buy a handgum

Quote Originally Posted by dm9 View Post
    Read your RPAL paperwork. No need to send anything to CFO.
    Alberta no longer asks for this, and has not since 2016. but you do need to be an active gun club member and prove membership. Read your conditions off your RPAL.

Quote Originally Posted by TDF65 View Post
    I am hearing a lot of different info on attaining restricted guns. Next week I am going to Cabela's and see what they say about buying a restricted firearm. I don't have a range membership, only planning to get one in April. I have a PAL/RPAL. I'll let you know what is said.
    at cabelas , you will be asked for range membership when paying for the restricted , it gets sent with a pic of your pal to the cfo of the province you live in , if you decide to not supply a current membership , that will be noted on the sent pic of just your pal pic , and you will have to sort it out with the cfo , not cabelas , as unless you have your email confirming the transfer and cabelas also have the email , you wont be taking the restricted home . at time of purchase yopu pay 95% of the price , ... on pick up you pay the other 5% .
    "you are never , out of the fight"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234