Tactical Walls Shipment Just Landed!

Which of these are legal storage for restricted? I know some of the Tactical Walls products are, but what about the Quick Vent?

I had some similar concerns but after thinking about it, I have to imagine the QuickVent is fine for restricted. If those Hornady lock boxes are fair game (the ones you just toss in a drawer), something bolted-in like the QuickVent is objectively better.

Does not a 'safe' need a combo or key to be legally considered a safe?

The rough definition is it must be "difficult to break into" according to the RCMP quick reference. ht tp://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/storage-entreposage-eng.htm
Usually criminals don't keep a strong magnet with them any more than they keep those two types of two pin keys for cheap plastic trigger locks with them.

Someone will likely be along to quote the laws exactly.

Someone will likely be along to quote the laws exactly.

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-98-209/page-1.html#h-4

Storage of Restricted Firearms

6 An individual may store a restricted firearm only if

(a) it is unloaded;

(b) it is

(i) rendered inoperable by means of a secure locking device and stored in a container, receptacle or room that is kept securely locked and that is constructed so that it cannot readily be broken open or into, or

(ii) stored in a vault, safe or room that has been specifically constructed or modified for the secure storage of restricted firearms and that is kept securely locked; and

(c) it is not readily accessible to ammunition, unless the ammunition is stored, together with or separately from the firearm, in

(i) a container or receptacle that is kept securely locked and that is constructed so that it cannot readily be broken open or into, or

(ii) a vault, safe or room that has been specifically constructed or modified for the secure storage of restricted firearms and that is kept securely locked.

who does the custom cut outs for you or is that not an option, tac walls gets a 3rd party in the USA to do theirs, just wondering,
thanks

Just a heads-up folks, I ordered a Top-Locking shelf and got a Bottom-Locker.

Apparently it was a typo on their website - they have never inventoried Top-Lockers "The 825 Top Locking Shelf comfortably keeps...".

I have asked that they contact Tactical Walls and ask for the 2 pieces to allow me to convert it to a Top-Locker on my own.

Just a heads-up to anyone should they have not changed their website as yet.

Back
Top Bottom