Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: CZ Shadow II Optics Ready Model!

Business Member Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeon06 View Post
    Anyone knows if the Vortex Venom plate will also fit the Vortex Viper? In theory it should, but I'd love to hear confirmation from someone!
    Venom plate does work for the Viper (just verified by mounting one in store) and Doctor.

I have a Viper bolted down on mine and it works perfectly. I have had a chance to run a couple hundred rounds through my S2 OR and I have to say it is a fantastic setup. Great trigger right out of the box and Vortex Viper sits quite low to the slide and performs great.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_1982's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by misterzr View Post
    I have a Viper bolted down on mine and it works perfectly. I have had a chance to run a couple hundred rounds through my S2 OR and I have to say it is a fantastic setup. Great trigger right out of the box and Vortex Viper sits quite low to the slide and performs great.
    You found a plate already? Or manufactured one yourself? I thought we were waiting on these until April?
    CSSA and CCFR member

I had 3d printed a plate, but Wolverine had the real ones in already. I ordered one that showed up this week and was able to put the gun together. Thanks a bunch Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_1982 View Post
    You found a plate already? Or manufactured one yourself? I thought we were waiting on these until April?
    Three of the plates, RMR, Vortex, Leupold, have been listed at Wolverine for over a week.

Business Member Rep
    I have picked up a Leupold Deltapoint Pro and appropriate plate for my build. I like the durability(equivalent of the Trijicon RMR) but much bigger window which should help with dot acquisition and the 6.5 moa triangle reticle. What is everyone else going with and why?

I went with the 6MOA Vortex Viper after having used the 3MOA Venom on another gun for quite a while. I like the bigger dot for faster acquisition. I also like the Viper for being lower to the slide than the Venom. A bit of a pain to change the battery as it is on the bottom, but I was willing to go that way to get it lower to the slide. I also use a Vortex Viper on my Ruger MKIII and my M&P CORE that I use for 3gun

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine Guy View Post
    Venom plate does work for the Viper (just verified by mounting one in store) and Doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by misterzr View Post
    Thank you both, I've ordered it!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine Guy View Post
    I have picked up a Leupold Deltapoint Pro and appropriate plate for my build. I like the durability(equivalent of the Trijicon RMR) but much bigger window which should help with dot acquisition and the 6.5 moa triangle reticle. What is everyone else going with and why?
    I believe the triangle is 7.5 MOA, almost everyone I talked to prior to buying a DPP suggested the 2.5 MOA dot as the triangle was too large. I've yet to see anyone trying to sell and go to the triangle from the dot but always see many threads of folks wanting to go the other way will be interesting to see your thoughts once you start shooting it.

Business Member Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilidip View Post
    I believe the triangle is 7.5 MOA, almost everyone I talked to prior to buying a DPP suggested the 2.5 MOA dot as the triangle was too large. I've yet to see anyone trying to sell and go to the triangle from the dot but always see many threads of folks wanting to go the other way will be interesting to see your thoughts once you start shooting it.
    You're right, it is the 7.5 moa. With that said, even at 20 metres that is only covering about 1.5 inches of the target. I hope it will be accurate enough. I like the idea of the large dot and large window to make the transition to PO easier.
    Time will tell and I'm sure you will be there to see it first hand