Page 14 of 76 FirstFirst ... 46789101112131415161718192021222434 ... LastLast

Thread: support for eddie Maurice's self defense case Please read...

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by oddball_ted View Post
    Who actually believes that firing at someone, who's rummaging through your car out in the driveway, is a REASONABLE act in the circumstances? A few fellows here seem to think so...

I hate thieves but c'mon. I'm all for putting a slug in a junkie's chest when kicks in my front door. But stealing my Tim Hortons change is not a reason to shoot at someone.
    Everything about the situation, from why the guys were on meth and stealing in the first place, to the fact that this family is getting run through a meat grinder over it, is UNREASONABLE!

It's a tricky thing, trying to inject select slivers of reason, into a wholly crazy and unreasonable situation.

There's lots wrong with this whole situation. At the moment, stopping the courts from financially ruining this family, is the best way to help it (I think). What else do we do, other than turn a blind eye, and hope it's never us on the other end?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer easysauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CoonT View Post
    Everything about the situation, from why the guys were on meth and stealing in the first place, to the fact that this family is getting run through a meat grinder over it, is UNREASONABLE!

It's a tricky thing, trying to inject select slivers of reason, into a wholly crazy and unreasonable situation.

There's lots wrong with this whole situation. At the moment, stopping the courts from financially ruining this family, is the best way to help it (I think). What else do we do, other than turn a blind eye, and hope it's never us on the other end?
    Exactly, well said.

Charging innocent gun owners and punishing them by process despite their innocence has to stop.

Zero sympathy for meth heads and other junkies.... aww poor them, its just not safe to rob people anymore!
    No drop of water blames itself for the flood

EMT sent

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenBob View Post
    Do we have a breakdown of what exactly happened?

I'm not much for shooting people on my property

BUT

I will support anyone who does (verbally and with my wallet) if his/hers life was in danger.*

Flame suit on!
    None of us here are investigators or lawyers. We need to trust the courts to decide if this man was right or wrong.

When you decide to take up arms (so to speak) you are taking the lives and futures of everyone around you, and putting them into your hands. It is a big responsibility that comes with that big power, and we need to trust the court to punish him if he's wrong, and protect him if he's right.

GreenBob, the problem I have, is that he is being severely punished by the system already, whether he is in the right or not. That's what this funding drive is all about (imo), to give this man the basic protection that the system refuses to.

You can support self defence as defined by Canadian law, and not believe senseless murder is illegal. I love this us or them mentality leftists take. It's either you can't use a gun to protect yourself from equal or more force, but instead rely on the fairness and good spirit behind the perpetrator to hopefully not want to induce pain, maiming or murder to their list of crimes.

Being a victim of violent crime, as well as a few property crime is an awful feeling, I can relate because It has happened to me if I had rights to proactively defend myself I know my 9 on 1 "fight" would have been much different.

I didn't have the right to carry anything for protection, but it didn't stop them from using bottles and sticks. But that's okay, they got probation.
    Then reoffended.
    And again.
    And again
    Now 12 years in jail.
    Justice was received inthe end. Not for me, I wasn't informed I "dropped charges" until he finished probation.
    SINGLE ISSUE VOTER. Vote CPC or gun bans I'd rather be judged my 12 than carried by 6.
    A guide to filing an ATIP:
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...n-ATIP-Federal

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_B View Post
    I'd like to see the criminals prove in court that they were only there to steal.
    What? They're going to produce references from prior victims?
    A contemporaneous urine sample to show they were on their meds and nothing else?
    A certificate from their Thieves' Guild that they've taken Anger Management?

It's bull####. Stay off people's property and you stay safe. Choose to violate a guy's house, you rolled the dice d-bag.
    The criminals don't have to prove they were only there to steal. Not how justice works.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron SS View Post
    I will bet go fund me would have no problem supporting a case if the demographics were different.

You arent shooting them for breaking into your car. You are using reasonable and neccessary force to prevent the theft. It is in fact the criminal that gets decide how much force is lawful and necessary to deter the theft. The more committed they are to the theft, the more likely shooting them in the face will be necessary.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the force being used against the victim.

With the criminals firmly in the drivers seat of how quickly they abandon their theft after learning of the presence of the victim, there should be no tears if the criminal is unhappy with the outcome.
    lethal force is not reasonable for B&E.

Quote Originally Posted by Netghost View Post
    Facts of this case are unclear. I don't agree with shooting someone unless you or your family or friends are in imminent danger. If you just see someone breaking into your car, call the police. If police don't arrive on time you have insurance for theft, use it. I can't support shooting someone because you think they're stealing something. You could be wrong.
    Couldn't agree more!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer steamy teabag's Avatar
    Notice how the rhetoric increases as the assumed moral high ground slowly slips away. It's telling what's beginning to happen. Enough is enough. "You don't have property rights". Yes people do.
    luceo non uro
    Canadians have (a) the right of the individual to life, liberty, security of the person and enjoyment of property, and the right not to be deprived thereof.

Never in doubt, seldom correct.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by play.soccer View Post
    What about a Go Fund Me? Word gets spread easier that way.
    Does Go Fund Me still take a cut?
    Member CSSA, Avid Reloader, Hobby Gunsmith