CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 24 of 75 FirstFirst ... 41416171819202122232425262728293031323444 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 750

Thread: support for eddie Maurice's self defense case Please read...

  1. #231
    Big Mouth BAAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,151
    Quote Originally Posted by slim123 View Post
    Its great to see so many ppl come together in support..... IRG's as I said before is "top notch" for taking up this thread......shows they really care about people....not just their money and patronage
    I bought 3 or 4 guns from IRG in the last year. I love the idea of importing more guns into Canada. It's like you get something you want, and you get to add to the total number of guns here. Win-win.

    But, yes... glad they pushed this into the light. Wonder how much the total is with EMTs (that's what I used), TD deposits and the social page?
    "Canadians, in this fateful hour, I command you and I trust you to fight as you have ever fought with all your strength, with all your determination, with all your tranquil courage."
    Sir Arthur William Currie

    CSSA/NFA

  2. #232
    CGN Regular slim123's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Gateway to the Rockies
    Posts
    428
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatM305Guy View Post
    They take their fee as a seperate charge. For 50 bucks they added a 4 dollar charge on top so none of it comes out of your donation which is nice.
    right on...that's nice to see that it is a fair charge that they apply
    "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery."

  3. #233
    CGN Regular slim123's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Gateway to the Rockies
    Posts
    428
    Quote Originally Posted by BAAC View Post
    I bought 3 or 4 guns from IRG in the last year. I love the idea of importing more guns into Canada. It's like you get something you want, and you get to add to the total number of guns here. Win-win.

    But, yes... glad they pushed this into the light. Wonder how much the total is with EMTs (that's what I used), TD deposits and the social page?
    it wouldn't surprise me if it was a good number of support......a lot of older rural folks might be more apt to do a direct deposit to the account....and I think they have a ton of rural support from around here, as for anybody living far away from police response....it could be anybody in his shoes...and I think a lot of folks can identify with that
    "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery."

  4. #234
    Newbie iluvmysig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Beautiful Cottage Country.
    Posts
    3
    EMT sent.
    Will definitely be looking to see what IRG has for sale.

    Note, If you bank with CIBC, you’ll have a hard time with “What colours my red truck?”
    Even bumping up character count, Seems answer can’t be in question.
    HCMC, TRGC, CSSA, IDPA, NFA & CCFR for Life.

  5. #235
    Member holzmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Near the GTA
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbravo2zero View Post
    I agree.
    Reading articles on WebMD doesn't make you a doctor.
    Reading a portion of a statute or the Regs thereto does not make you a lawyer or mean you understand the law and its practice.
    There are many reasons why you need 8 or 9 yrs of schooling/training before you can be called to the bar.

    $23,830 as of this morning. This is what's important.
    You make a very valid point but why not ask a lawyer? Someone who does this for a living? At my gun club there are several barristers and they all seem to agree that this bloke is in for it. ( a few feel jail time is what he will get, others feel at best he will get a fine and some sort of probation BUT all agree that he will not leave this matter unscathed.) He is guilty the only question is what will his punishment be.
    The money should be given to the family because this bloke is the wrong.

  6. #236
    CGN Regular bcbravo2zero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    841
    Quote Originally Posted by holzmeister View Post
    You make a very valid point but why not ask a lawyer? Someone who does this for a living? At my gun club there are several barristers and they all seem to agree that this bloke is in for it. ( a few feel jail time is what he will get, others feel at best he will get a fine and some sort of probation BUT all agree that he will not leave this matter unscathed.) He is guilty the only question is what will his punishment be.
    The money should be given to the family because this bloke is the wrong.
    Sure, go ahead, ask a lawyer. I suggest an experienced criminal lawyer. Just don't confuse some of the ramblings in this thread with actual legal analysis...sort of like you determining his guilt. I'm certain that many people were equally confident of Gerald Stanley's guilt too. And BTW, the barristers you have talked to are not saying anything that we don't already know: the cards are stacked against Eddie Maurice. The Crown, an arm of the government, will go after him with all they've got. I presume that Mr. Maurice will opt to be tried by a jury.

    The point I was making is that the amateur quasi-legal arguments happening here do not deserve to be given any weight, and they detract from the ultimate point: raising money for his legal defense.
    Make a donation and support this guy and his family or don't.

    $25,035 as of this morning.
    The donations are slowing down, so I'll be kicking in a few more $bucks.
    Last edited by bcbravo2zero; 03-13-2018 at 02:04 PM.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

  7. #237
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    63
    Isn't the rule that if you're going to shoot someone on your property you'd better make sure they can't tell their side of the story. Not advocating that, just was what I was always told....

  8. #238
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Komodo View Post
    No wonder we didnt hear about it the guy that was shot is a white male . No story of racism for the press to make it interesting
    this ^

  9. #239
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    13
    All,

    Hello, my name is Kyle Sinclair-Smith and I am the individual that setup the online fundraiser through Fundrazr.

    Link:
    https://fundrazr.com/b1KjM0?ref=ab_87ALDc

    I was notified by one of your forum members that the link was posted on here. I wanted to come on and personally thank you for all your efforts. This is a very unfortunate incident that will forever change this families life not matter what the outcome is.
    I have recently posted an update giving everyone some context to their life as well as a message that was passed along from the Maurice family.

    I myself grew up on a ranch, so not only are they my friends but the realization that this could have been one of my own family members really hits home for me.

    Again, thank you for your support; the Maurice family appreciates your words of encouragement, the shares of the page, and your donations.

    Have a great day.

    Regards,

    Kyle Sinclair-Smith

  10. #240
    CGN Regular ThatM305Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    531
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleSS View Post
    All,

    Hello, my name is Kyle Sinclair-Smith and I am the individual that setup the online fundraiser through Fundrazr.

    Link:
    https://fundrazr.com/b1KjM0?ref=ab_87ALDc

    I was notified by one of your forum members that the link was posted on here. I wanted to come on and personally thank you for all your efforts. This is a very unfortunate incident that will forever change this families life not matter what the outcome is.
    I have recently posted an update giving everyone some context to their life as well as a message that was passed along from the Maurice family.

    I myself grew up on a ranch, so not only are they my friends but the realization that this could have been one of my own family members really hits home for me.

    Again, thank you for your support; the Maurice family appreciates your words of encouragement, the shares of the page, and your donations.

    Have a great day.

    Regards,

    Kyle Sinclair-Smith
    Welcome aboard Kyle!
    "Yeah, when we shot at the Americans it wasn't so bad because they would shoot back and roll on through.
    But when we shot at the Canadians they would get out and kill everyone."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •