Page 26 of 76 FirstFirst ... 61618192021222324252627282930313233343646 ... LastLast

Thread: support for eddie Maurice's self defense case Please read...

Quote Originally Posted by Xenomorph View Post
    Following and will send some money soon, thanks for doing this IRG.

To those asking why go fund is not being utilized it’s because they would block funds for a legal defence. Leftist dogma anti-gun anti-hunting anti-common-sense.
    You are absolutely correct. We started out with a GO FUND ME; after 24 hours we were at almost $7000 and GO FUND ME shut it down and returned all the donations. We were in violation of one of their terms and conditions.
    Here is the exact quote from their website that we violated

7.campaigns deemed by GoFundMe, in its sole discretion, to be in support of, or for the legal defense of alleged crimes associated with hate, violence, harassment, bullying, discrimination, terrorism or intolerance of any kind relating to race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, sex, gender or gender identity, or serious disabilities or diseases;

After that got shut down, I read terms and conditions of every other crowd funding site out there. After much reading and an email, we determined we were not in violation of FundRazr's policies.
    It is nice as well, because the way we have it setup, the money is directly sent to the Maurice family and I have no way of touching it. I like it because it removes any question as to where the funds are going.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    So I'm thinking trail by jury of his peers.. Not guilty..
    Trail by judge alone .. 2 yrs. probation
    I have high hopes that Maurice is going to beat the charges. He seems to have a highly competent lawyer.

https://calgarydefence.com/criminal-...onii/overview/
    Last edited by Autolite; 03-14-2018 at 10:54 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleSS View Post
    You are absolutely correct. We started out with a GO FUND ME; after 24 hours we were at almost $7000 and GO FUND ME shut it down and returned all the donations. We were in violation of one of their terms and conditions.
    Here is the exact quote from their website that we violated

7.campaigns deemed by GoFundMe, in its sole discretion, to be in support of, or for the legal defense of alleged crimes associated with hate, violence, harassment, bullying, discrimination, terrorism or intolerance of any kind relating to race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, sex, gender or gender identity, or serious disabilities or diseases;

After that got shut down, I read terms and conditions of every other crowd funding site out there. After much reading and an email, we determined we were not in violation of FundRazr's policies.
    It is nice as well, because the way we have it setup, the money is directly sent to the Maurice family and I have no way of touching it. I like it because it removes any question as to where the funds are going.
    I think the 'GoFundMe' people just chickened-out because of all the bad press they took after the Stanley/Boushie campaign. Kudos to you and 'FundRazr' for taking on the good fight.

The only thing that bothers me is the fact that the FundRazr fund is building so slow. I would have thought that the goal would have been reached before now. Rural crime is a huge problem all across Alberta and Saskatchewan. I've been hit twice myself and others have reported much higher rates of occurrences. We are all alone here. The police cannot effectively deal with what's going on and we know that the federal government only encourages the criminals. How bad does it need to get before everyone wakes up to the fact that our only option is looking after ourselves???

https://globalnews.ca/news/3884077/r...ctims-assault/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRYnb2jJmFI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCrKfTuULJI
    Last edited by Autolite; 03-14-2018 at 06:13 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by matm View Post
    Thank you for this information. Theres a pretty clear line between protecting life and protecting property. I believe that defending the life of yourself and your family should be a right no question. Defending physical property ie vehicles with lethal force, i don't necessarily agree with. Personally i would rather pay an insurance deductible on a stolen or damaged vehicle as opposed to the absolute legal nightmare this man and his family are now facing. Not siding with the criminals or anything but this isn't the wild west. Just my opinion though.
    The property crime rate is so high in some rural areas that people are now saying that they can't even get affordable insurance.

In any case the "wild west" scenario is the making of the criminals, not the land owners. Although it was under-reported, Colton Boushie had a loaded .22 rifle in his lap when he was ACCIDENTALLY shot. The RCMP had posted pics of the rifle that was recovered from the scene but the leftist media has deliberately down played the truth and the facts in order to push their agenda.

In my most recent break-in attempt, the thieves were also armed. My neighbour saw them and claims that they had a rifle with them. He thinks that it looked like a .308.

You cannot blame the victims for assuming that the thieves are armed and acting accordingly. The criminals themselves are to blame.

When you pull into a stranger's yard looking for help to change a flat tire, do you bring a loaded gun with you? I'm guess I'm just curious...
    Last edited by Autolite; 03-14-2018 at 12:42 PM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Autolite View Post
    The property crime rate is so high in some rural areas that people are now saying that they can't even get affordable insurance.

In any case the "wild west" scenario is the making of the criminals, not the land owners. Although it was under-reported, Colton Boushie had a loaded .22 rifle in his lap when he was ACCIDENTALLY shot. The RCMP had posted pics of the rifle that was recovered from the scene but the leftist media has deliberately down played the truth and the facts in order to push their agenda.

In my most recent break-in attempt, the thieves were also armed. My neighbour saw them and claims that they had a rifle with them. He thinks that it looked like a .308.

You cannot blame the victims for assuming that the thieves are armed and acting accordingly. The criminals themselves are to blame.

When you pull into a stranger's yard looking for help to change a flat tire, do you bring a loaded gun with you? I'm guess I'm just curious...
    while i agree with defending ones property, and would hate to be in the shoes of the accused. i really hope this brings light to the rural crime issue in Alberta and landowners can get some more rights. even if we have to do "training" once a year. its getting ridiculous.

almost as ridiculous as seeing thieves from a distance and thinking they are carrying a .308. must be some keen eye site to figure on the caliber of rifle.

Money transferred

Thank you for everyone who set this up, and to everyone who is helping out. I have absolutely no ties to him other than this online community but we should all be proud of this support and solidarity

CGN Regular
    The bigger issue I would think here is what is motivating the theves? Is this a symptom of a drug problem or just people looking for easy money?

If its easy money then having cops around may help, if its deperate drug addicts then it may not change much. This poor guy may be the wakeup call needed to forcefully address the bigger problems.

If its as epedemic as it appears then I would think this will only get worse as people get tired of it. They will form there own lynch mob and band together.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kingjenky's Avatar
    Has any more details on the case been released? Like who the other suspect is or why the perp that got caught hasn’t given him up, or if he really was shoot in the arm?
    We are all so politically correct!!!! its gonna ruin us all......

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Autolite View Post

Wrong: Boushie had (actually, someone else in the car had) a .22 barrel. The other half (butstock and receiver) of the rifle was on another property, allegedly it broke because they used it as a tool to try and break into another car (and failed). Stanley's legal defense wasn't even that he was defending himself, his family or his property; his defense was that Boushie's death was the result of an accidental discharge (a hangfire). Stanley testified that he didn't know there was a (part of a) firearm in the car, that no one in the car was threatening or made any threatening gesture.

Mr. Stanley's lawyer said said Mr. Boushie's shooting was not justified and not an act of self-defence, but the result of trying to fire a warning shot in terrible circumstances. He said it was a hangfire – an unexpected delay between the pulling of the trigger and the firing of the round – that killed Mr. Boushie.

"Ultimately this case comes down to a freak accident that occurred in the midst of an unimaginably scary incident one afternoon," Mr. Spencer said.

"This isn't a justified death. This death is not justified legally or morally," Mr. Spencer said. "This is really not a murder case at all. This is a case about what can go terribly wrong. … Hangfires happen. And that's what happened here."

Ultimately, Stanley's defense and Maurice's defense are quite far apart. There's no way Stanley could have used a self-defense defense given the fact that the thiefs were fleeing (or more accurately, trying to flee) when he shot them. I'm fairly certain the whole AD was BS and he thinks he was defending himself (the prosecutor should have asked why and how he pumped the trigger 2 or 3 times on an empty SA pistol), but we weren't in the courtroom, so if we take Stanley's word at face value, like the jury did, then there isn't any self-defense anywhere in the story.

CGN Regular
    CCFR | CSSA | NFA