Page 43 of 76 FirstFirst ... 233335363738394041424344454647484950515363 ... LastLast

Thread: support for eddie Maurice's self defense case Please read...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    All these stories makes me believe western canada is like Mad Max. Bands of desperados going around pillaging, killing, raping and stuff like that. Is there a civil war going on out west or what?

Half my neighbours don't even lock their doors when they leave the house. Wtf are you guys killing each other?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    All these stories makes me believe western canada is like Mad Max. Bands of desperados going around pillaging, killing, raping and stuff like that. Is there a civil war going on out west or what?

Half my neighbours don't even lock their doors when they leave the house. Wtf are you guys killing each other?
    Rural crime in Western Canada has been skyrocketing for the past few years. The police can't respond in time to stop it and the government prohibits the victims from adequately protecting themselves (the criminals know this and have been taking advantage of those facts).

It has only been recently receiving national attention because it has only been recently that the bad guys have been getting shot. Go figure...
    Last edited by Autolite; 04-07-2018 at 09:01 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Half my neighbours don't even lock their doors when they leave the house.
    There was a recent video with the RCMP telling western Canadians that "gone are the days of leaving your doors unlocked". This is just the new reality. Unless it's locked, securely hidden away and/or bolted down the police consider it "a crime of opportunity" and blame the victim...

(Just imagine the national outrage that we would see if the exact same rationale was applied to victims of sexual assault)
    Last edited by Autolite; 04-07-2018 at 10:37 PM.

If we can splurge on AR lowers, we can contribute to this fight of injustice.

Donated.

CGN frequent flyer

No Desperados. Just a bunch of rednecks, meth-heads, rig-rats and a general lack of education.

As usual the media blows things out of proportion. While there are certainly a few hotspots the vast majority is very quiet.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Deleted...double post
    Last edited by Autolite; 04-08-2018 at 08:36 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by TT1900 View Post
    As usual the media blows things out of proportion. While there are certainly a few hotspots the vast majority is very quiet.
    "For the first time since becoming the commanding officer of the Alberta RCMP, Todd Shean recently sat down with Global News to discuss the top issues impacting the force over the last year and one in particular stands out: rural crime.

Shean started his new job in May and is already bringing in a new plan of attack to address sky-high rural crime rates.

Victims of rural crime speak out; Alberta Conservatives call it ‘an epidemic’
    Alberta victims of rural crime highlight issues at legislature
    Alberta woman who was sexually assaulted regrets calling RCMP

It’s been called an epidemic and between the home invasions, robberies, ATM grabs, gas and dash’s and property thefts, rural Alberta had more than it’s share of crime in 2017."

https://globalnews.ca/news/3926191/a...nding-officer/

Yeah the nasty MSM, the Conservatives, the victims and the RCMP all just love to "blow things out of proportion". In actual fact though the police are saying that it's comparatively small groups of habitual repeat offenders who are responsible for the vast majority of criminal activities...
    Last edited by Autolite; 04-08-2018 at 04:23 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonjour43ma View Post
    If we can splurge on AR lowers, we can contribute to this fight of injustice.

Donated.
    I'm thinkin' that perhaps a few of us here could maybe afford to skip a few meals too! I know that I certainly could...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer warrenb's Avatar
    Its a shame this is not getting more publicity. I am sure that is the main reason for the slow increase in donations. People just are not aware of this case and the request for donations.
    I tried to donate twice through the fundRazr. They take $6 from $100 but I think its worth it because the donations being public help to send a message rather than the private EMT. Its not accepting my credit card at the moment. I will try again later or otherwise will send EMT.

EDIT: Boy I am dumb. The $6 is optional. lol
    Last edited by warrenb; 04-08-2018 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Autolite View Post
    "Wonder" indeed. With the rampant crime in Western Canada you would think that the police and the Crown would have more than enough to do just focusing their resources and attention on actual crime and real criminals! The fact that Maurice was even charged is itself an 'injustice'. Perhaps if the government and the police were only just a little more diligent reference catching actual criminals and keeping them locked up, the Maurice incident might not have even ever happened...
    IMHO nothing to "Wonder" about. In case anyone missed it, salaries for civil servants have reached the stratosphere. Job security is the first and foremost concern of many in said "service". Has no one else ever wondered why it takes a Judge weeks to deliberate a case and come up with a verdict or sentence? You can't tell me, that after sitting through hours and hours of testimony, presumably focused on nothing else, a Judge, someone intelligent and focused enough to reach that employment plateau to begin with,needs to rethink their position/decision for hundreds of additional hours?? Only the real world works a 40hour week. Crown attorneys etc need to make work to ensure their place at the public trough remains profitable.

As an aside, Here in Ottawa there is an apparent "wave of gang and gun violence" taking place. But yet, every time you read an article about the outcome of the trial, the unlawful possession of a restricted firearm charge is tossed out in the plea bargain process. You can't tell me the Crown, the Judge's, all parties involved think illegally obtaining a firearm is the least of the crimes committed? Do they think criminals obtain said firearms for posturing only, with no intent to use them? Time after time the firearms charges are withdrawn, anyone have a rationale explanation for why?
    Last edited by messenger1; 04-08-2018 at 09:12 AM.