Page 49 of 76 FirstFirst ... 293941424344454647484950515253545556575969 ... LastLast

Thread: support for eddie Maurice's self defense case Please read...

Quote Originally Posted by slim123 View Post
    Cm'on guys we really need to all chip in for this guy, I was at the rally and I saw him show up for court with his wife and toddler child......and looking at his face tore the heart right out of me....this is a guy who may goto jail....for trying to defend his family.....and their faces showed how scared he was.

We gotta help this guy.........this could be any one of us in his shoes

thanks IRG's for posting this....you guys are awesome
    It might be time to use more aggressive measures. The Police work for us how come they are so ignorant?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacker13 View Post
    The Police work for us how come they are so ignorant?
    Canadian society has been degenerating and deteriorating steadily for the last five decades due to too many years of Liberal federal governments. We're at the point now where we have a criminal POS elected as our national leader with a majority government no less. The RCMP are basically the armed muscle for a criminal government. It isn't exactly a mystery how things have gotten as bad as they now are...

Quote Originally Posted by Autolite View Post
    http://www.westernwheel.com/article/...-time-20180420

"The judge in my opinion here today should have just said, ‘You guys have had three chances to present the full disclosure, you’ve failed every time, I’m dismissing the charges,’” said Clark. “Next time around, that’s exactly what should happen on May 4.”

Apparently if the Crown doesn't have it's act together by the 04th of May the charges could be dropped...
    The easy way out of this case for Eddy is to apply for a stay. I’ve had traffic tickets “stayed” from non-disclosure on the second hearing. If they can’t give full disclosure after three attempts it would be an easy decision.

The problem with a stay is theres there’s no precedence being set. No charges being dropped. Unfortunately, It’s in the shooting communities best interest that this goes to trial and all the details are publically revealed then he gets ruled innocent by the jury. I don’t think that scenario will come to pass.

If the crown is continuing to delay it is a sure sign that they probably should never had started the proceedings at all. But as is the case more often than not in the Canadian Legal (not Justice) Sytem.

Its Punishment by Prosecution.

Even if they know they can't win, they will drag out in court as long as possible causing the accused to rack up tens of thousands in legal fees.
    I don't believe gun owners have rights. Dalton McQuinty (Oops I mean Sarah Brady...)

Super GunNutz The Cold Lake Kid's Avatar
    Really too bad we don't have the right to re-call or dismiss Crown Attorneys etc. as they do in parts of the U.S.
    The Cold Lake Kid: SASS # 51474,
    GOFWG #141, Charter Member and Trail Boss East, Square Circle Wranglers ( www.squarecirclewranglers.ca )
    GOLD member Leaders Circle. Provincial Corner Stone Member
    Proudly Alberta Born and Raised.
    Hoping Trail Boss soon becomes available!

CGN frequent flyer
    I think a lot of you are giving the Crown attorneys way too much credit by insinuating they are delaying on purpose. I suspect, like most other government departments, a good number of the employees are either not good at their job or have given up fighting the bureaucratic non-sense while covering for incompetent peers and therefore coast. The remaining good-hearted souls are so far behind you’ll be lucky if they even know what day of the week it is.

Sort of how it goes when performance reviews aren’t based on objective performance metrics and nobody ever gets fired anyhow.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by TT1900 View Post
    I think a lot of you are giving the Crown attorneys way too much credit by insinuating they are delaying on purpose.
    I would think that dropping the charges would be the play that the Crown would like to see happen. The Crown knows that an Alberta jury is not going to find Maurice guilty so dropping the charges would be in the best interests of the Crown. There's no way that the government wants to set any precedent that might deter criminals and because nobody gets to play the race card this time around the government can just walk away without any backlash from the Lefties...
    Last edited by Autolite; 04-21-2018 at 10:27 PM.

CGN frequent flyer
    Let's hope. Unfortunate that it's dragged on this long when they could be using the resources to go after real crime.

Sent $100 a month ago.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by TT1900 View Post
    Let's hope. Unfortunate that it's dragged on this long when they could be using the resources to go after real crime.
    I don't think anybody has even thought of ever trying that before. It just sounds too radical for anybody to even attempt it...