Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst 1234567891011121424 ... LastLast

Thread: support for eddie Maurice's self defense case Please read...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kingjenky's Avatar
    What if when confronted the methed up perps told the victim that if he didn’t f@&k off they’re gonna come rap him and his family!
    We are all so politically correct!!!! its gonna ruin us all......

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbravo2zero View Post
    I hear you. Prima facie, I don't think this is unreasonable. However, you need to put yourself in his shoes: late night, he's alone, rural area where the police are far away; two thieves come to his home, his wife and child are inside, he goes out to see what's what and a there's a confrontation, 2 vs 1. Would you reasonably fear for your life and the life of your family?
    I 100% agree with you, this is where the details become important.

-did he see the individuals and decide to arm himself and leave his home to confront them? Were the police called before the confrontation? That's for the court to decide. Ill always give the benefit of the doubt to the homeowner but there is still a possibility he is in the wrong.

CGN Regular
    EMT sent. I would suggest setting the EMT account up for automatic deposit. I know this is what Tactical Teacher does. It would alleviate any password confusion.

EMT sent.

There simply has to be more of a deterrent for thieves, whatever it may look like.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer drift1122's Avatar
    What's a good donation amount?
    CCFR/NFA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbravo2zero View Post
    I hear you. Prima facie, I don't think this is unreasonable. However, you need to put yourself in his shoes: late night, he's alone, rural area where the police are far away; two thieves come to his home, his wife and child are inside, he goes out to see what's what and a there's a confrontation, 2 vs 1. Would you reasonably fear for your life and the life of your family?
    Why go out and confront them? If you see from your house that they're armed, you're pretty much legitimized to shoot, but engaging armed people 2 vs 1 might not be the smartest move. If you shoot on unarmed people (in the sense that they might be armed, but you don't know) you might very well be shooting at a harmless hobo or just someone whose car is broken and phone battery is dead.

I agree with matm, I'd rather call the cop, stay inside with my gun, and if they don't try to break into my house, pay the deductible in the morning. If they try to break in, then the story is different. Different enough that the homeowner probably doesn't even get charged.

CGN Regular
    Donated to the fundrazr!! Keep the donations coming everyone, even if it's not much everything counts, everyone pitch in!!

Feel so sorry this man is stuck in a country like this with fruitcakes all around, even on this forum!! Let him know that there are plenty of good people in Canada.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by drift1122 View Post
    What's a good donation amount?
    A million dollars is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    Why go out and confront them? If you see from your house that they're armed, you're pretty much legitimized to shoot, but engaging armed people 2 vs 1 might not be the smartest move. If you shoot on unarmed people (in the sense that they might be armed, but you don't know) you might very well be shooting at a harmless hobo or just someone whose car is broken and phone battery is dead.

I agree with matm, I'd rather call the cop, stay inside with my gun, and if they don't try to break into my house, pay the deductible in the morning. If they try to break in, then the story is different. Different enough that the homeowner probably doesn't even get charged.
    I might have stayed inside too. Then again, I can afford to. I'm older, I have money and lots of expensive insurance. Stealing my stuff, even if it happens multiple times, will not threaten the financial welfare of me and my family.

In any case, why should a homeowner who hears strange sounds outside be required to stay inside and not investigate? There is no indication that this was a "hobo" hanging out on his property, or a stranded motorist, or anything like that. They were pretty clearly thieves, at his rural property in the middle of the night, and they had broken into his vehicle(s). But yes, if he had gone out spraying bullets just b/c there was someone on his property then he would probably not have my sympathies. But again, this was not the case.

And BTW, if you believe that if they had broken in and he'd shot them that he wouldn't be charged, then you are kidding yourself. I have friends and colleagues who are Crown counsel. This is how it works: use a gun under any circumstances, get charged, let the trial judge sort it out.
    Last edited by bcbravo2zero; 03-09-2018 at 06:31 PM. Reason: grammar
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

GunNutz
    EMT sent we need to win this for every one of us.
    Dave