Page 54 of 76 FirstFirst ... 344446474849505152535455565758596061626474 ... LastLast

Thread: support for eddie Maurice's self defense case Please read...

Wow I was super lied to it was daytime.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shackleton View Post
    Really? Wow. That's silly. I looked into it a little a couple months ago but not too much. Can you link me some real info so I stop making myself look like an idiot? I mean I stand by my other points but if there were more than one and they DID have a firearm I guess it's different.
    The deceased was behind the wheel of an SUV and was about to potentially run over Stanley's wife. Stanley reached in the window with one hand to try to remove the keys from the ignition, when the gun in his other hand malfunctioned (hang fire,) resulting in the scumbag getting shot. I do not have a link but it should be easy enough to find.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Wow I was super lied to it was daytime.
    Welcome to academia.

I'm actually kind of pissed about this. Thanks for not running me into the ground. I guess it's true you really can't trust anyone no matter who they are and always do research. Still, I have my weird views about things but not this case anymore. I also live in a city, not a big one but not in the middle of nowhere. I learned stuff this morning CGN.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    At the end of the day, these were grown adults in their twenties. They knew better. Had they not been out victimizing hard working families, they might have all made it home alive that day. From what I remember, they were also driving around pissed drunk too though, so who knows.

I can say with pride that I donated multiple times to Stanley's fundraiser and agree 100% with the verdict.

CGN Regular
    I study martial arts, lots of them actually and I wonder how I would match force in certain situations..
    Don't tell anyone you study martial arts. The moment you have to defend yourself in court they'll say "our client is a relatable urbanite thief, while the defendant is the 'Kungfoo Master' that used a pinky finger move to disable my client."

I guess it's true you really can't trust anyone no matter who they are and always do research.
    I don't think they lied to you. They are simply regular people. Set aside the degrees, they probably know just the same about the case as you did. They not only have their biases, they also were quite correct about self defence being a tough sell in Canada. Which is why they went with the bs "hang fire" defense.

If I was a juror I would of hard a hard time not convicting on the basis of the "hang fire" alone. I'm 99.999999999% sure, their was no hang fire. However, I'm 100% sure there was defense of self and property. Whether or not that is reconized in Canada, I could care less. In Countries with real rights and freedom's, it is. I believe I would have been the majority on the jury (I'm from Sask). The rest of the jury would have needed the hang fire bs to get past the fact that Canada has no rights.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberty.357 View Post
    I'm 99.999999999% sure, their was no hang fire.
    There was a spent casing from Stanley's pistol found on the dashboard of the Boushie vehicle. There was a peculiar bulge on the spent brass that experts say backs the 'hang fire' story. And it was also determined that the ammunition in question was several decades old.

https://panow.com/article/737563/ana...-stanley-trial

Consider also that although hang fires are usually 'very brief', the rule while on the range is to wait one full minute before attempting to unload a suspected hang fire. That's the rule in the Canadian military anyway. I'm certainly no expert, but I would guess that there's a legitimate reason for the full one minute wait time...
    Last edited by Autolite; 05-17-2018 at 09:02 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by fraserdw View Post
    The law requires you to retreat if possible and to meet force with reasonable force, if necessary. Prove that the first was not possible and the second was reasonable and you are free with a large legal bill and an un-saleable farm for sale like Stanley.
    What chance would such a law have given Brian Warman? Where do you 'retreat' to once the intruders are already in your living room???

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by kagia View Post
    He was not shot with a 1911, the gang was armed with a loaded rifle, he was not on a quad when he was shot. You've been misinformed.
    The Stanley pistol was an old Tokarev TT33. When Boushie was shot, he had a damaged but loaded .22 rifle in his lap which fell to the ground afterward. The RCMP posted pics of the Boushie rifle online but the Leftist MSM buried the fact fact that the guy was armed. Go figure...

(The rifle was bent because the criminals were using it as a pry-bar to open the door of a truck on the farm of one of Stanley's neighbours just before they reached the Stanley farm)

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Autolite View Post
    There was a spent casing from Stanley's pistol found on the dashboard of the Boushie vehicle. There was a peculiar bulge on the spent brass that experts say backs the 'hang fire' story. And it was also determined that the ammunition in question was several decades old...
    My 7.62x25 surplus has all sorts of bulged and odd spent brass. Most likely from hot loadings.

You can choose to believe what you want. Never in one million years would I believe that. The odds of that happening are so slim. Could it have happened, maybe. Could you win the lottery and get struck by lightning on the same day, maybe.

Seriously though, look at all the evidence, does some stupid hang fire theory really need to come into play??