Page 56 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3646484950515253545556575859606162636466 ... LastLast

Thread: support for eddie Maurice's self defense case Please read...

Quote Originally Posted by stratosonic View Post
    $40,535 donated so far. I donated a few weeks ago. I'm disappointed in the amount raised so far.
    I wish it were higher too, but at least it has steadily moved upward.
    Keep it up, gunnies!
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    $40,535 donated so far. I donated a few weeks ago. I'm disappointed in the amount raised so far.
    I'm disappointed as well. I thought that it would be ten times that amount raised! There are two million gun owners in Canada. It disgusts me that this is the best that we can do. I really don't know what the problem is...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Not to derail the thread but with reference to Gerald Stanley,
    It's not a derail. This thread is about the out of control rural crime and the government's complicity. These FundRazr campaigns are now our only way of fighting back.

I really hope he's writing a book. The truth about Boushie and his POS cohorts needs to be told. Canada needs to hear the truth because the CBC, CTV, etc. are doing a stellar job of covering it up.
    What would be the point? The truth has always been out there. The degenerates and the Leftists just simply choose to willfully ignore it if it does not suit their agenda...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Autolite View Post
    ... There are two million gun owners in Canada...
    In addition, what about all the folks who are not gun owners who are just sick and tired of the crime and the backward way in which the courts deal with the perpetrators of it. Rhetorical obviously...

Quote Originally Posted by Autolite View Post
    I'm disappointed as well. I thought that it would be ten times that amount raised! There are two million gun owners in Canada. It disgusts me that this is the best that we can do. I really don't know what the problem is...
    I donated but maybe it's low because people already gave to the Stanley family go fund me page in the shooting of Colten Boushie in Saskatchewan.
    Seems these are becoming more common.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nowarningshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shackleton View Post
    You're all going to hate me. I'm in Justice Studies at my college and none of our teachers, all retired police officers think that the Stanley case was self defense. The kid was shot in the back of the head and the man who shot him was not following safe practice. I believe it was an old colt 1911 which probably could have malfunctioned, but still.. You executed this unarmed kid. I wish we could have "stand your ground" laws but we do not. My teacher also said that this was against the law because the handgun should have been locked away due to it being restricted. I know.. I know.. You or me, right? Kid was unarmed. How are you supposed to know in the dark? Well.. We can go on and on but the bottom line is I think a lot of us want to justify this so that the negatives don't effect us as gun owners. Also a lot of you guys talk like you're from the US, you talk like we have so much violent crime that it's just okay to Wild-West someone like that. Honestly.. I have a pack mentality and I'm not saying I wouldn't kill for my family or even that I wouldn't kill at all (Getting my diplomas and then joining the CAF for a bit) it's just that if I came up behind my enemy as a Canadian citizen I would at least say something before shooting them in the back of the head. By the way, would you not have a light source to check for the intruders? We could go on and on. In the end all you want is your kids safe so you would rather justify the shooting I think.

Alright, now everyone tear me apart lol.

Edit: Maybe he was armed maybe he wasn't, when they were talking about it in class he had his back turned, sitting on a 4 wheeler that he wanted to steal, and was shot. Either way.
    Familiarize yourself with at least the rudimentary facts before you comment.

Alternately buy a flame suit.

Then again, your purpose might be to enflame this thread.
    A free society must outlaw harming innocent people to function, but when we seek to curtail what all of us can do, rather than holding each of us responsible for what we actually do, we give up on freedom itself.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
    I donated but maybe it's low because people already gave to the Stanley family go fund me page in the shooting of Colten Boushie in Saskatchewan.
    Also, that's just the Fundrazr campaign. I think people are also donating via emt and bank account deposits.

Either way, I agree that it should definitely be higher.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by NVShooter View Post
    In addition, what about all the folks who are not gun owners who are just sick and tired of the crime and the backward way in which the courts deal with the perpetrators of it. Rhetorical obviously...
    Maybe it's only a comparatively small minority of us who are dealing with it. As for rural crime, the criminals seem to be targeting the same people repeatedly. I myself have been hit twice. It's rampantly out of control but it could be that's it's just the same people getting robbed over and over and over.

Human nature being what it is, if you've never been targeted yourself then why care???

BANNED
    Still a gift horse.

Imho, this campaign didn't get the traction it could have, for two reasons:

1.Since it was white-on-white crime, the "closet racist" progressive left, had no interest in the case; provoking no reaction from the slumbering right. (Hint: the next time you shoot an intruder on your property, before you call the cops, give him a quick once-over with a can of brown Tremclad...

2.Eddie has no 'street cred' (well, until now :/). If along with this initial fundrazr, there was a picture of his lifetime member NRA card, or of his receipts showing his years of donations to the CSSA and NFA, or of his wife's 'CGN beaver' lower-back tattoo; then I bet many more people would have been willing to "give back." (IMo, similar to the Stanley fundraiser, "a friend in need" eh? Where were these guys, BEFORE they needed help?)

Personally, I've decided to be much more discriminatory when it comes to helping anyone. Coon's days of being a 'blank-cheque helper donkey', are done. (I still donated several hundy to each campaign, but even these lads barely made the cut.)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
    This crowd funding thing isn't just about helping Stanley or Maurice, it's for all of us. We have a pro-criminal, criminal government (that was elected into power by criminals) whose focus and priority is the re-victimization of crime victims. We have a dysfunctional 'justice' system with ineffective police.

When/if these self evident facts eventually sink in with all of those who are still in denial, I think that we'll see campaigns like this FundRazr really begin to skyrocket with contributions. It's now our only protection...