Page 59 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3949515253545556575859606162636465666769 ... LastLast

Thread: support for eddie Maurice's self defense case Please read...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    And in other related news...

"5 occupants from stolen vehicle charged after Saskatchewan RCMP member fires gun"

https://globalnews.ca/news/4220292/s...ber-fires-gun/

"The RCMP says an internal investigation will be held into the circumstances of the officer's weapon being discharged. (CBC)"

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...lake-1.4670841

Details are lacking. Could it be that maybe the RCMP think that it's now okay to shoot at thieves or was the Constable just being a 'racist'???
    Last edited by Autolite; 05-20-2018 at 12:14 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Autolite View Post
    Two million gun owners in Canada! If ONLY HALF gave just one dollar we could turn the Canadian 'justice' system inside out and send a message to the degenerate filth in Ottawa that we're just not gonna take it any more.

Here's a rare opportunity to really make our voices heard (at a bargain) and we're blowing it big time! As gun owners, maybe we don't deserve to keep the dwindling privileges that we still have...
    More than half of gun owners would never give a penny because they don't think supporting the lawyer of a guy who shot someone is a better cause then, say, cancer.

"Case for Okotoks area farmer charged with shooting trespasser delayed again"

http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-...-delayed-again

Whatever game the Crown is playing, I'm just not getting it. Perhaps they're counting on public support fading before letting it go to a jury trial...

(Next court date is 22 June)
    Of course, if the RCMP lab is... oh, unfortunately unable to complete this report in a timely fashion... well, the Prosecutor might have to come to the sad conclusion that there's no reasonable chance of prosecution.
    Sorry might as well drop the matter altogether if you're going to lose on appeal (during an election year too eh).

And gee, if the charges got dropped then golly, wouldn't that be a neat convenience allowing the Crown to avoid any unpleasant political repercussions and - more importantly, not risk finding themselves losing & then having to hear every single damn criminal defence lawyer cite R. v. Maurice whenever a firearm is discharged in self-defence.
    Bad cases make bad laws.
    And procedural delays can make convenient exits.
    CSSA and now - on Trudeau's recommendation - CCFR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    More than half of gun owners would never give a penny because they don't think supporting the lawyer of a guy who shot someone is a better cause then, say, cancer.
    If more than half of gun owners contributed just one dollar it would attract the attention of the MSM and it would send a huge message to Ottawa that we're not going to tolerate the government's re-victimization of rural crime victims. This issue is about far more than just supporting some guy's lawyer...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by slim123 View Post
    It would be interesting to see their reply's....since we give them money...and seem to get nothing whatsoever back for it.....maybe a avalanche of emails about it, stating our concerns as well as our future support hinging on what steps they take to actually do something to really help out the firearms community and victims of crappy firearms laws....instead of just taking our money.....and doing nothing (i.e ruger magazines..etc..)
    I today received this reply from the CCFR:

"The CCFR offers legal defense insurance to cover legal costs acquired through court costs.
    Any background on this story, what happened? The fundraiser page is pretty vague.
    The CCFR itself does not contribute to personal campaigns such as this but does have a legal team and insurance for this very reason."

Tracey Wilson
    V.P. of Public Relations
    CCFR
    P.O. Box 91572
    RPO Mer Bleue
    Ottawa, ON, K1W 0A6
    1-844-243-CCFR(2237)
    www.firearmrights.ca

I think it was a positive reply. I replied back telling them that I was hoping for a CCFR endorsement of the Maurice FundRazr rather than a financial contribution and I supplied more information about the case per their request. Maybe now's the time for us to get started on that "avalanche" of emails to the NFA and the CCFR...

(The NFA is at least already aware of the Eddie Maurice case. The Maurice story showed up in one of the NFA's Media Reports a few weeks ago)
    Last edited by Autolite; 05-20-2018 at 11:03 AM.

I today received this reply from the CCFR:

"The CCFR offers legal defense insurance to cover legal costs acquired through court costs.
    Any background on this story, what happened? The fundraiser page is pretty vague.
    The CCFR itself does not contribute to personal campaigns such as this but does have a legal team and insurance for this very reason."

Tracey Wilson
    V.P. of Public Relations
    CCFR
    P.O. Box 91572
    RPO Mer Bleue
    Ottawa, ON, K1W 0A6
    1-844-243-CCFR(2237)
    www.firearmrights.ca

I think it was a positive reply. I replied back telling them that I was hoping for a CCFR endorsement of the Maurice FundRazr rather than a financial contribution and I supplied more information about the case per their request. Maybe now's the time for us to get started on that "avalanche" of emails to the NFA and the CCFR...

(The NFA is at least already aware of the Eddie Maurice case. The Maurice story showed up in one of the NFA's Media Reports a few weeks ago)
    Very interested to see what the CCFR may be able to contribute.
    If you meet more than one azzhole per day...chances are you're the azzhole....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_B View Post
    Of course, if the RCMP lab is... oh, unfortunately unable to complete this report in a timely fashion... well, the Prosecutor might have to come to the sad conclusion that there's no reasonable chance of prosecution.
    Sorry might as well drop the matter altogether if you're going to lose on appeal (during an election year too eh).

And gee, if the charges got dropped then golly, wouldn't that be a neat convenience allowing the Crown to avoid any unpleasant political repercussions and - more importantly, not risk finding themselves losing & then having to hear every single damn criminal defence lawyer cite R. v. Maurice whenever a firearm is discharged in self-defence.
    Bad cases make bad laws.
    And procedural delays can make convenient exits.
    ^ This

On a similar vein ask yourself how many successful prosecutions there have been over Beowulf mags or Butler Creek 25 rounders where an actual trial has resulted in a guilty verdict?

Far safer to scare people and to punish by process.
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by josh1976 View Post
    Very interested to see what the CCFR may be able to contribute.
    I was thinking that they could do what they can to get the message out to their members that Eddie Maurice needs help. At least as important is sending the message to Ottawa (via the MSM) that gun owners support the home owner defending their property and opposes the government's prosecution of those who are proactive with their own security.

I was a little surprised that Ms Wilson of the CCFR was unaware of the Maurice case. Maybe a lack of exposure on the story or on the FundRazr campaign itself really is the problem reference the relatively low number of contributors...

(I don't think everyone yet fully appreciates the potential of this crowd funding thing. Just for comparison, the GoFundMe campaign for the Humboldt Broncos tragedy raised over three million dollars in just three days)
    Last edited by Autolite; 05-20-2018 at 02:03 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by stratosonic View Post
    Not to derail the thread but with reference to Gerald Stanley, I really hope he's writing a book. The truth about Boushie and his POS cohorts needs to be told. Canada needs to hear the truth because the CBC, CTV, etc. are doing a stellar job of covering it up.
    Ya want truth, here ya go...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JgyTJWNvf0

Ya want truth, here ya go...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JgyTJWNvf0
    Thanks.
    Member: CPC, UCP, CSSA, and AFGA.