Page 63 of 76 FirstFirst ... 4353555657585960616263646566676869707173 ... LastLast

Thread: support for eddie Maurice's self defense case Please read...

I attended the court meeting this morning and the Crown Dropped All Charges against Eddie Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by KyleSS View Post
    I attended the court meeting this morning and the Crown Dropped All Charges against Eddie Maurice
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...pped-1.4716423

Yes they did, and it's about time.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer krausb's Avatar
    http://calgaryherald.com/news/crime/...box=1529682398

Interesting, this article in the Calgary Herald mentions some new "compelling" forensic evidence that let the Crown to drop the charges. I wonder what it was? There was no mention of any specifics...

also good to see the dirt-bag criminal will be facing charges. As he should.

Quote Originally Posted by krausb View Post

Interesting, this article in the Calgary Herald mentions some new "compelling" forensic evidence that let the Crown to drop the charges. I wonder what it was? There was no mention of any specifics...

From what I understood the ballistics report came back

Quote Originally Posted by krausb View Post

This is excellent news.

Reading between the line though, it also means they never had enough evidence to make a case.
    They charged him anyways in an effort to try punishment by process, which is frankly disgusting and should be called out.

Also, pretty sure in this case recommendations to charge him did not come from the mounties.
    Have dealt with enough rural RCMP to know how most feel about this.

Charles Bradlaugh

Great news! I’m very happy for the Maurice family. I hope the money raised covers their legal bills.
    And great job supporting them, gunnutz!
    I’m very surprised that the charges were dropped. I discussed his case with two Crown counsel I know well, and their view was that it is “very unlikely that the Crown will not push to have the reasonableness of the use of a firearm tested in court”.
    This “compelling forensic evidence” is really curious. I hope it’s disclosed, eventually.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Never take a plea....so glad this nightmare is over for him and his family.
    "Never trust a government that doesn't trust its own citizens with guns...."

Quote Originally Posted by bcbravo2zero View Post
    Great news! I’m very happy for the Maurice family. I hope the money raised covers their legal bills.
    And great job supporting them, gunnutz!
    I’m very surprised that the charges were dropped. I discussed his case with two Crown counsel I know well, and their view was that it is “very unlikely that the Crown will not push to have the reasonableness of the use of a firearm tested in court”.
    This “compelling forensic evidence” is really curious. I hope it’s disclosed, eventually.

Either they realized and feared that they will loose if they try “ to have the reasonableness of the use of a firearm tested in court” or there was some political
    wrangling behind the scenes.
    IMO the “compelling forensic evidence” is total BS. They never had enough to really charge him and never should have.
    AS much as I feel sorry for what Maurice had to go through, the political backlash for him being charged is a good thing.

Charles Bradlaugh

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Glad to have good news for once. But the punishment by process is despicable.
    ***** FREE THE WEST *****

I heard rumours that these are good, reliable, can be chained to a wall and don't need batteries:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Charles Bradlaugh