Page 67 of 76 FirstFirst ... 47575960616263646566676869707172737475 ... LastLast

Thread: support for eddie Maurice's self defense case Please read...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenBob View Post
    Place to donate?
    Evidently there are (or was) at least two fund raising campaigns for Pete Khill...

https://www.gofundme.com/ppnsxqd4

https://fundanything.com/en/campaign...nce-legal-fund

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Autolite View Post
    Just over 40 grand was raised for the Eddie Maurice defense and the Pete Khill 'GoFundMe' fund is currently just under 10 grand. As a comparison, the GoFundMe campaign for the Humboldt Broncos tragedy raised over 3 million dollars in like three or four days.

Considering that there are over 2 million gun owners in this country IMO we really dropped the ball when we had a golden opportunity to "terrify the elite"...
    Its not that 2mm people dropped the ball, we all have different motives and financial resources. The tragedy that was the Humboldt Broncos also resonates wiith far more people- I'd say almost everyone

Personally I donate to most of these things only as support towards ensuring a "fair" [and lasting] legal decision gets made as it sets precedent for the rest of us [selfishly me] and prevents someone from getting steamed rolled by an opponent with unlimited funds.

I am far more likely to provide resources for fellow gun owners who are active in, and who also support the community. Serving in our Forces, in any capacity, may or may not count as being active in the firearms community to some, so I won't touch that. But will acknowledge appreciation and from certain articles the appearance that this is being used against him

However, despite any intention one may or may never have with their firearm (ie self/loved one defence, or simply transporting and shooting at the range), given the recent events/cases we have read about in the news and/or CGN, EVERY firearm owner should purchase legal defence insurance - +/-$100 per year removes the reliance on the finacial generosity of others and would allow them to show their support in other ways

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by jg007 View Post
    Its not that 2mm people dropped the ball, we all have different motives and financial resources.
    The current federal government paints all legal firearm owners as untrustworthy, irresponsible potential criminals and then re-victimizes actual crime victims like Ed Maurice and Pete Khill. I would think that that is more than enough reason for any gun owner to get on-board with these types of campaigns. As for motive, how about sending a message to Ottawa that we're tired of the persecution and vilification and that collectively we're going to start protecting and looking after our own. Just purchasing "legal defense insurance" doesn't do that does it?

Just imagine the message that we could have sent if every gun owner in Canada gave only .25 cents to the Ed Maurice fund raiser campaign. It would be something that the MSM couldn't possibly ignore. This crowd funding thing is now the way to go. We could get way more 'bang-for-the-buck' than the NFA or the CCFR would ever dream of...
    Last edited by Autolite; 06-24-2018 at 02:15 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by jg007 View Post
    The tragedy that was the Humboldt Broncos also resonates with far more people- I'd say almost everyone
    Yes, I understand that. I mentioned the Humboldt Broncos fund raiser just as an example to underscore the potential that these types of campaigns can have...

Quote Originally Posted by Autolite View Post
    What have he NFA or the CCFR have to do with anything? Neither of them (when asked) would endorse the Maurice FundRazr campaign. They didn't support us on this, why should we support them???
    Similar to what other CGN said, I am far more likely to provide resources for fellow gun owners who are active in supporting our firearm organization.

Before you start flaming me, I already donated. )))
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenBob View Post
    Similar to what other CGN said, I am far more likely to provide resources for fellow gun owners who are active in supporting our firearm organization.

Before you start flaming me, I already donated. )))
    No flaming intended. I'm just very disappointed with the NFA and the CCFR. When they were asked about promoting the Maurice 'FundRazr' campaign among their membership all we heard was crickets. I bought a lifetime membership with the NFA many, many years ago and I'm still waiting to see some sort of return on that investment.

I've also considered joining the CCFR but have now changed my mind...

My favourite part is the government allows money to be defended by armed personnel in an armoured truck! So your life is worth less then paper currency. Nice thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MOPP4 View Post
    My favourite part is the government allows money to be defended by armed personnel in an armoured truck! So your life is worth less then paper currency. Nice thanks
    nothing but double standard.

that has always been very telling of their priorities
    The possession of arms is the distinction of a free man from a slave.

Well it might be me but the Khill case doesn’t seem to be on anyone’s radar. Doesn’t even have its own thread here. So that probably correlates with the size of his defence fund. Almost like Ontario media doesn’t want people to know...

As for Maurice, I honestly wonder if the ricochet had been public knowledge earlier if more people would’ve donated?
    CSSA and now - on Trudeau's recommendation - CCFR