Page 68 of 76 FirstFirst ... 48586061626364656667686970717273747576 LastLast

Thread: support for eddie Maurice's self defense case Please read...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by macaufoto View Post
    nothing but double standard.
    Let's talk about double standard.

Several years ago a stoned/drunk teenager broke into the home of then Liberal party leader Justin Turdeau. The kid didn't even know whose house he had broken into. After the break-in, Turdeau went to the RCMP and demanded that he be afforded a dedicated ARMED police squad for the security of his home and family. The RCMP turned him down.

Last year, I myself was the victim of an attempted ARMED break-in yet Turdeau feels that I should be prohibited from arming myself for my own protection and home security. The 'double standard' hypocrisy doesn't get any more blatant or profound than that...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_B View Post
    Well it might be me but the Khill case doesn’t seem to be on anyone’s radar. Doesn’t even have its own thread here. So that probably correlates with the size of his defence fund. Almost like Ontario media doesn’t want people to know...
    It has been suggested that a new thread for Pete Khill be started here. The trial seems nearly at an end so it probably won't matter at this point. I thought that giving the initial heads-up reference the Peter Khill case would gain more contributions for his defense fund if it was tacked on to the thread whose followers supported Eddie Maurice.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_B View Post
    As for Maurice, I honestly wonder if the ricochet had been public knowledge earlier if more people would’ve donated?
    That's a very interesting question but I don't think that it would have made any difference to Western Canadians. There has been a huge property crime wave sweeping across the Prairie Provinces for the past few years now and home/property owners are getting sick and tired of dealing with it! The police are completely ineffective as a deterrent and it's infuriating that the law prohibits people for being EFFECTIVELY pro-active reference their own security.

IMO an Alberta jury would not have convicted Maurice whether the bullet was intentional or not. The huge, high profile public support for Eddie Maurice underscores this. It was this support shown from fellow Albertans that saved Eddie's butt. The Crown knew that they wouldn't get a conviction with an Alberta jury so they just folded their hand...
    Last edited by Autolite; 06-25-2018 at 04:56 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Khill trial. Closing arguments today.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...der-trial.html

I'm thinking that it could go either way. If he's acquitted, there's gonna be a huge stink...

Whatever the outcome,

I find it encouraging that there seems to be a judge that remembers how the systems is supposed to work:

“It is the Crown that must satisfy you beyond a reasonable doubt that Peter Khill was not acting in self-defence when he killed ... Styres,” Glithero said.

Charles Bradlaugh

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by altaberg View Post
    Whatever the outcome,

I find it encouraging that there seems to be a judge that remembers how the systems is supposed to work:

“It is the Crown that must satisfy you beyond a reasonable doubt that Peter Khill was not acting in self-defence when he killed ... Styres,” Glithero said.
    I can't get my hopes up too high on this. It's an ONTARIO jury. Eddie Maurice had Albertans at his back and it made headlines. Pete Khill has not been given the same level of support...
    Last edited by Autolite; 06-25-2018 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by altaberg View Post
    Whatever the outcome,

This definitely big +1. Let's hope it makes a difference.
    CSSA and now - on Trudeau's recommendation - CCFR

Fingers crossed.
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!

Aquitted.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fraserdw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Autolite View Post
    Khill trial. Closing arguments today.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...der-trial.html

I'm thinking that it could go either way. If he's acquitted, there's gonna be a huge stink...
    There's really not much more ugly that Six Nations can do to the area. Tourism is a thing of the past, folks don't canoe and camp the nearest river anymore, property values are in the toilet. That whole end around the reserve is almost a no go zone.
    Recovering soldier, 34 years. For 34 years I have apparently served a tyranny, the Canadian people have my apologies. Had I only known......

"I enforced the law as written. It was not for me to determine to morality of hostage executions, confiscation of property or the deportations. It was German law and I was a German policeman." Detective Sgt Heorgen, Koln. Trial statement 1947.