Page 6 of 76 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141626 ... LastLast

Thread: support for eddie Maurice's self defense case Please read...

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    Because he might have to kill someone or get killed himself?

I'll be happy to follow that particular trial. There's a very large difference between a guy who rightfully feared for his life and a trigger-happy guy who's just waiting for others to walk onto his property to shoot at them. In between there's a whole spectrum: a guy who's fed up of being robbed and decide to shoot a thief in a fit of rage, a guy who just happens to shoot the thief by mistake with a warning shot, a non-voluntary discharge under stress, etc... But in this particular case, the very little information that we have doesn't look good for the shooter.

Your prosecutor friends are bad at their job. There isn't a good prosecutor who would say "under any circumstances" or "let the trial judge sort it out". You need a "reasonnable probability of conviction" to press charges. The use of a gun doesn't give you that in just any circumstances.

Are they Vinny? And you have come to this conclusion based on your legal education, training and experience? What a ridiculous comment...
    You will be ignored. As they say, debating with me might look good on your CV, not so good on mine.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Sorry, but you shouldn't be allowed to shoot people breaking into cars. No justification it, it is excessive force.

Quote Originally Posted by wiener View Post
    Sorry, but you shouldn't be allowed to shoot people breaking into cars. No justification it, it is excessive force.
    Every case turns on its particular facts.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Go Fund Me dumped him. Don't know the details.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by vcmm View Post
    Go Fund Me dumped him. Don't know the details.
    Only because he's facing criminal charges. The Stanley gofundme was started after he was found not guilty.

There is a Fundrazr campaign (similar to gofundme) for Maurice. Was over $13000 when I checked earlier today.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by wiener View Post
    So don't donate then. Thanks for stoppin by.

We need a Castle Law. IRG many thanks!

When checking to see what the disturbance is you can end up being confronted by overwhelming force telling you to #### off or get beat on.
    So you take the gun.

I don't appreciate being told to #### off when someone is trying to steal my ####.

Neither does an entire rural area that is being confronted with on what seems to be a daily basis.
    And it's natives doing this to white people and they have been able to get away with it scot free.

These don't appear to be isolated incidents and it's no wonder these folks are fed up with it.

Without consequences the behavior will just continue to perpetuate.

My gramps had a reputation for having a shotgun loaded up with rock salt for garden thieves.
    And back in the day that was your food they were stealing.

BANNED
    If we could get a thousand guys to chip in $100 bucks each, that would send a strong message
    Quote Originally Posted by drift1122 View Post
    What's a good donation amount?

yah, it is easy to judge until you've been in a similar situation. Granted ours did not involve firearms thank God. Alot of variables play out and things go from petty to life threatening in an instant. The nut-case that I dealt with likely felt like a cat in a corner so he came at me with intent as I was blocking his escape. My wife heard the commotion and thankfully called 911. In the mean time I was on my own to deal with the guy. Somehow at one point, he fish hooked my cheek with his fingers. I thought he was going to clean rip my cheek off. I bit his finger so hard that I know he has a permanent injury to this day. But I then had the worry of hepatitis etc due to the blood. Testing was negative and life went on. Insane and unexpected evening.
    Last edited by josh1976; 03-09-2018 at 07:25 PM.
    If you meet more than one azzhole per day...chances are you're the azzhole....