Page 7 of 76 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: support for eddie Maurice's self defense case Please read...

BANNED
    You should be "allowed" (oh thank-you, gracious government overlords) to CONFRONT anyone for the purpose of protecting your property. The criminals are in the wrong, and the outcome is determined by their actions, with the majority of the burden for said outcomes, resting on their scumbag shoulders
    Quote Originally Posted by wiener View Post
    Sorry, but you shouldn't be allowed to shoot people breaking into cars. No justification it, it is excessive force.

Quote Originally Posted by CoonT View Post
    You should be "allowed" (oh thank-you, gracious government overlords) to CONFRONT anyone for the purpose of protecting your property. The criminals are in the wrong, and the outcome is determined by their actions, with the majority of the burden for said outcomes, resting on their scumbag shoulders
    I never said you shouldn't be allowed to confront anyone, learn to read. Criminals are in the wrong but you still can't shoot them for breaking into cars.

Quote Originally Posted by kagia View Post
    So don't donate then. Thanks for stoppin by.
    Stopping*

I never said you shouldn't be allowed to confront anyone, learn to read. Criminals are in the wrong but you still can't shoot them for breaking into cars.
    You are absolutely correct. But we don't know what really happened. Even petty theft can go sideways in instant if you catch them red handed. All we know for sure is that if you confront danger with a loaded gun, you better be able to make a solid case for it and accept that even then, your life is about to be turned upside down for the worse. I hope it wasn't vindictive.
    If you meet more than one azzhole per day...chances are you're the azzhole....

Plain and simple the fact is that no one would have been shot, if they were not being criminals.
    Life would have gone about as it always had for this guy had these criminals not have been doing the wrong thing. His actions after the fact should only be judged in my opinion if they were just out for a stroll.
    If you are committing a crime, you should face any and all consequences that come with that.
    We only have the choice as canadians to be a criminal or be a victim when where are having our stuff stolen.
    The laws need to change to protect the home owner. Until this changes we are going to have more and more problems.
    City people will never understand what rural life is unless they live it. It is a totally different dynamic with police sometimes over a hour away.
    And why do we have people that say well don't confront them? Why the heck not? It is my stuff, I should have the rite to keep it.

I'm torn between this.

On one hand these thieves deserve forgiveness and the opportunity to turn their life around to make up for their sins.

On the other hand they do meth - they could probably take some shots and keep on coming at you.

BANNED
    What you're stating, "You can't shoot people for breaking into cars" is correct, but it doesn't apply here. No one here is advocating for policy formation, where the standard response for a car break in, is a double tap.

No one is saying you should be allowed to shoot people for breaking into cars. This case is about confronting criminals in the protection of your property, and it is reasonable to assume, your family's safety as well.

When criminals prey on someone, we need to ensure that, "when $hit happens" it happens to them, not the citizen; and it's the criminal who bears the brunt of the responsibility for the happening of said $hit.
    Last edited by CoonT; 03-09-2018 at 07:44 PM. Reason: multitasking

CGN Regular
    Stopping*
    Perfect handle. What a wiener!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey1 View Post
    if you're rural,this is another great case for buying a shovel.
    +1^. Lots of empty space!
    John 3:16. If not then unfortunately John 3:36
    Firearms owners are the difference between Tyranny & Freedom!!
    GUN CONTROL IS NOT CRIME CONTROL. ITS POPULATION CONTROL!
    Faith is not knowing what the future holds but knowing who holds the future

Sorry, but you shouldn't be allowed to shoot people breaking into cars. No justification it, it is excessive force.
    Justifying*

You didn't just miss a "G" like the gentleman you corrected.
    Last edited by MrMasacre; 03-09-2018 at 07:55 PM.