Page 10 of 76 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617182030 ... LastLast

Thread: support for eddie Maurice's self defense case Please read...

Quote Originally Posted by skilful View Post
    I appreciate the detective work, Tex. That explains everything!
    No problem. I was also cautious at first as i had never heard of fundrazr before.
    I am a kit hor(der)

Quote Originally Posted by ThatM305Guy View Post
    He is the one who set it up. I talked to him as well as tracked him down on facebook to make sure it was legit. The money goes straight into the TD account. He doesnt actually touch any of it.

"Kyle Sinclair-Smithvia profile

Hello Kyle, i just wanted to male sure my money would be going to the right place....do you know Eddie?

From#you
    Yesterday

Hello Ross,

Yes I am personal friends of theirs and I went to high school with his wife. I made sure to get their approval for the fundraiser as I didn't want to do anything against their wishes. I live quite close to them and speak with them multiple times a day regarding different topics. Although I am running the fundraiser, it is setup in a way that the funds are directly deposited into their bank account and I have no way of touching them.

I hope this helps with your decision and thank you for considering to donate.

Regards,
    Kyle Sinclair-Smith"
    Well done, sir.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

CGN frequent flyer rockport guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CoonT View Post
    If we could get a thousand guys to chip in $100 bucks each, that would send a strong message
    A 100 does sound good!
    CCFR CSSA CPC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    I like how the CBC is trying to specify in this article that it's only "rural farm owners in the middle of nowhere" who want special rights to defend themselves.....
    Right....just the rural farmers eh? How about every single ####ing law abiding Canadian? Whether it's in downtown Toronto or Northern Saskatchewan 20 miles down a dirt road, the outcome should always be the same: person x with long violent criminal past/record forces entry onto person Y's property who is a law abiding family man with no criminal record, person Y shoots person X, case does not go to court. Person X goes to jail if he is (unfortunately) still alive after conducting aggressive criminal behaviour.

F**king criminals and thieves. Kill them all. Open season on scumbags who attack the law abiding. Problem solved. Want to see property crime drop 200%? Send the message right here and now with this case. CASE DISMISSED! Two a**holes 5 years in prison mandatory sentence no parole. Sh*t heads across country take heed!
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

CGN frequent flyer rockport guy's Avatar
    When your the "Man Of The House" and you have a wife, maybe young kids. And you see 2 or 3 or ... 5 people on your land or at your house, up to know good.. and you know it. Do you warn them to leave.. fire a shot or 2... Then see what happens. Or what if you have the chance to shoot one or two of them, to even the odds?
    CCFR CSSA CPC

CGN Regular
    Donated $50

Unfortunately, the law is expressly written that you cannot defend property with force. He did break the law. I think with good defense he'll get minimal punishment. Face it folks, you can't harm the guy carrying the TV out of your house unless he swings at you first.

I'll happily donate. But unless the guys are kicking the door in, unfortunately you just can't do what he did.

With the scumbag thieves here in Alberta, especially during this latest oil bust, it's almost not worth having anything anymore. Someone'll try and steal it.
    Are you allowed to eat doughnuts private Pyle?

Quote Originally Posted by wiener View Post
    I never said you shouldn't be allowed to confront anyone, learn to read. Criminals are in the wrong but you still can't shoot them for breaking into cars.
    I'd like to see the criminals prove in court that they were only there to steal.
    What? They're going to produce references from prior victims?
    A contemporaneous urine sample to show they were on their meds and nothing else?
    A certificate from their Thieves' Guild that they've taken Anger Management?

It's bull####. Stay off people's property and you stay safe. Choose to violate a guy's house, you rolled the dice d-bag.
    CSSA and now - on Trudeau's recommendation - CCFR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oddball_ted View Post
    Unfortunately, the law is expressly written that you cannot defend property with force. He did break the law. I think with good defense he'll get minimal punishment. Face it folks, you can't harm the guy carrying the TV out of your house unless he swings at you first.

I'll happily donate. But unless the guys are kicking the door in, unfortunately you just can't do what he did.

With the scumbag thieves here in Alberta, especially during this latest oil bust, it's almost not worth having anything anymore. Someone'll try and steal it.
    Then the law is f*cked and it needs to be changed. Just because it's a law it doesn't mean it's right.
    Hell about 60 years ago in the USA blacks couldn't go to school with whites by law in almost all states.

I hate thieves. The only thing I hate worse than thieves though, is some politician in a suit 3000 miles away who lives in a castle surrounded by armed security guards telling me to just let the pieces of s**t take what they want and hide in the closet.
    At least the thieves have clear intentions....
    You don't want to die? Stay at home with your wife and kids at night and be a responsible, hard working, law abiding tax payer like the rest of us instead of prowling around peoples homes with unknown intentions.
    Last edited by Travis Bickle; 03-09-2018 at 11:45 PM.
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

Quote Originally Posted by oddball_ted View Post

35. Defence of Property

Defence - property

35. (1) A person is not guilty of an offence if

(a) they either believe on reasonable grounds that they are in peaceable possession of property or are acting under the authority of, or lawfully assisting, a person whom they believe on reasonable grounds is in peaceable possession of property;

(b) they believe on reasonable grounds that another person

(i) is about to enter, is entering or has entered the property without being entitled by law to do so,

(ii) is about to take the property, is doing so or has just done so, or

(iii) is about to damage or destroy the property, or make it inoperative, or is doing so;

(c) the act that constitutes the offence is committed for the purpose of

(i) preventing the other person from entering the property, or removing that person from the property, or

(ii) preventing the other person from taking, damaging or destroying the property or from making it inoperative, or retaking the property from that person; and

(d) the act committed is reasonable in the circumstances.

No defence

(2) Subsection (1) does not apply if the person who believes on reasonable grounds that they are, or who is believed on reasonable grounds to be, in peaceable possession of the property does not have a claim of right to it and the other person is entitled to its possession by law.
    No defence

(3) Subsection (1) does not apply if the other person is doing something that they are required or authorized by law to do in the administration or enforcement of the law, unless the person who commits the act that constitutes the offence believes on reasonable grounds that the other person is acting unlawfully.

You are wrong, sir.
    CCFR Member