Page 13 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3567891011121314151617181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: support for eddie Maurice's self defense case Please read...

Do we have a breakdown of what exactly happened?

I'm not much for shooting people on my property

BUT

I will support anyone who does (verbally and with my wallet) if his/hers life was in danger.*

Flame suit on!
    Last edited by GreenBob; 03-10-2018 at 11:04 AM. Reason: *like i did before!
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by slim123 View Post
    From what I understand gofundme will not allow him..as the rcmp charged him criminally...and although not proven in court...they wont let anybody with criminal charges (proven or not) be funded on their page
    I will bet go fund me would have no problem supporting a case if the demographics were different.

Quote Originally Posted by wiener View Post
    Sorry, but you shouldn't be allowed to shoot people breaking into cars. No justification it, it is excessive force.
    You arent shooting them for breaking into your car. You are using reasonable and neccessary force to prevent the theft. It is in fact the criminal that gets decide how much force is lawful and necessary to deter the theft. The more committed they are to the theft, the more likely shooting them in the face will be necessary.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the force being used against the victim.

With the criminals firmly in the drivers seat of how quickly they abandon their theft after learning of the presence of the victim, there should be no tears if the criminal is unhappy with the outcome.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

I have mixed feelings on his. Did they enter his home and confront him and his family? Need the full facts before I drive down to support this. I guess I'll do some research.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Netghost's Avatar
    Facts of this case are unclear. I don't agree with shooting someone unless you or your family or friends are in imminent danger. If you just see someone breaking into your car, call the police. If police don't arrive on time you have insurance for theft, use it. I can't support shooting someone because you think they're stealing something. You could be wrong.
    CSSA, CCFR and OFAH member: Support those who support you.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Netghost View Post
    Facts of this case are unclear. I don't agree with shooting someone unless you or your family or friends are in imminent danger. If you just see someone breaking into your car, call the police. If police don't arrive on time you have insurance for theft, use it. I can't support shooting someone because you think they're stealing something. You could be wrong.
    The premise is self defense, everyone on this site wants self defense laws more clearly defined. This case could set a precedent.

Who actually believes that firing at someone, who's rummaging through your car out in the driveway, is a REASONABLE act in the circumstances? A few fellows here seem to think so...

I hate thieves but c'mon. I'm all for putting a slug in a junkie's chest when kicks in my front door. But stealing my Tim Hortons change is not a reason to shoot at someone.
    Are you allowed to eat doughnuts private Pyle?

BANNED
    The fact that the charges against the man defending his property and family are more serious than the charges against the man shot in the process of robbing someone is a sure fire indicator of how screwed the system is.

A simple, straight forward fact: if you don't want the #### show of consequences that can occur when you disrespect a persons right to peace and safety for themself and their family on their property, their castle as it were, then don't ####ing rob them. Because in that situation, all of the responsibility of what happens after, falls solely on your shoulders for breaking the law in the first place.

BANNED
    Because as we all know, things have a habit of escalating quickly in this world. And our thinking that insurance will cover for the egress and excesses of others is wrong, and has gotten us into our current economic situation. Hey, let's change this into a political discussion

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Netghost View Post
    The man needs his day in court, and he doesn't deserve to have his family and life destroyed, in the process of trying to get it.

That's why I'm donating to the family. I don't agree with shooting someone over an insurance premium, either; but I think our system is so out-of-balance right now, that there is no chance of this man (or the perpetrators) actually getting justice.

Wife and I are just getting out of the 'toddler phase'. Taxes are almost caught up, credit's coming along and the bills are getting paid. I'm making pretty good coin and she's almost fully up and back to work. Life is stabilizing and right now we're a benefit to our community and society.....and something like this happening to my family, would just about destroy us, and would have me out on the street, ironically probably to end up the same ruined junkie committing these loser-style petty thefts.

I can't go down like that (and brother, society does not want me playing for the bad team. Trust me :l), and it's only going to stop, when we decide to stop it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer easysauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oddball_ted View Post
    Who actually believes that firing at someone, who's rummaging through your car out in the driveway, is a REASONABLE act in the circumstances? A few fellows here seem to think so...

I hate thieves but c'mon. I'm all for putting a slug in a junkie's chest when kicks in my front door. But stealing my Tim Hortons change is not a reason to shoot at someone.

Just because you personally might only have loose change in your vehicle does not mean others should not have the right to defend themselves and their property.

If people dont want to get shot they can stop stealing, enough of this molly coddling of criminals, don't steal, don't get shot, simple.
    No drop of water blames itself for the flood