Page 69 of 76 FirstFirst ... 495961626364656667686970717273747576 LastLast

Thread: support for eddie Maurice's self defense case Please read...

Acquitted indeed. It's coming out in the major news outlets right now.

Link?
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerPark View Post
    Acquitted indeed. It's coming out in the major news outlets right now.
    That's fantastic news! I just logged on and I don't eve see it online yet. Has the CBC Radio announced it???

Found it:

Peter Khill, charged with second-degree murder, leaves court in Hamilton on Tuesday, June 12, 2018. A jury has found a Hamilton-area homeowner not guilty of second-degree murder in the shooting death of a man who broke into his truck. Peter Khill, 28, admitted he shot Jon Styres but said he fired in self-defence, believing Styres was about to shoot him. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Colin Perkel

etc..etc...etc.

link:

htt ://www.nsnews.com/hamilton-area-homeowner-acquitted-in-shooting-death-of-man-1.23350012
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenBob View Post
    Link?
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...yres-1.4723854

http://lfpress.com/news/hamilton-are...4-80bd04043db3

I didn't have my hopes up but now I'm ecstatic! First Rob Ford obliterates the Ontario Liberals and now this. It seems that Ontarians have maybe collectively grown a brain.

"Jury accepts defence lawyer's argument that Khill acted in self defence, thinking car thief was armed"

When someone is on your property in the middle of the night breaking-in and stealing, it is not unreasonable to assume that they are armed. They often are. I know this from my own personal experience...
    Last edited by Autolite; 06-27-2018 at 10:55 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Would anyone here support a fund raising campaign to put the Crown prosecutor in jail??? :D :D :D

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Autolite View Post
    When someone is on your property in the middle of the night breaking-in and stealing, it is not unreasonable to assume that they are armed. They often are. I know this from my own personal experience...
    Nor do I think it's unreasonable for a law abiding citizen to try and confront the criminal and stop the unlawful activity. While I don't believe property is ever worth a life, when the situation goes sideways its on the criminals shoulders. Can't wait to see the cries of outrage from a certain community.....

Glad Mr. Kill is free to move on with his life.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Also, CBC Radio Canada (Edmonton) this morning spoke with Eddie Maurice. There was no mention of the 'FundRazr' campaign. We didn't get the message out that we should have...

I read the good news 1st thing this morning!
    Congrats to the Khill family.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Autolite View Post
    Would anyone here support a fund raising campaign to put the Crown prosecutor in jail??? :D :D :D
    Good luck with that. As much as you may dislike the process and distrust the government the Crown did nothing illegal in either case.