Page 70 of 76 FirstFirst ... 5060626364656667686970717273747576 LastLast

Thread: support for eddie Maurice's self defense case Please read...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fraserdw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TT1900 View Post
    Good luck with that. As much as you may dislike the process and distrust the government the Crown did nothing illegal in either case.
    It would be nice if the Crown was required to pick the costs of the defense if an acquittal was returned.
    Recovering soldier, 34 years. For 34 years I have apparently served a tyranny, the Canadian people have my apologies. Had I only known......

"I enforced the law as written. It was not for me to determine to morality of hostage executions, confiscation of property or the deportations. It was German law and I was a German policeman." Detective Sgt Heorgen, Koln. Trial statement 1947.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Nor do I think it's unreasonable for a law abiding citizen to try and confront the criminal and stop the unlawful activity. While I don't believe property is ever worth a life, when the situation goes sideways its on the criminals shoulders. Can't wait to see the cries of outrage from a certain community.....

Glad Mr. Kill is free to move on with his life.
    The value of a life is subjective. Criminals seem to have no problem threatening or taking a victim's life to acquire 'property'.

In any case, the bottom line is that Khill was justifiably acquitted because he reasonably believed that he was confronting a threat to his own life and he acted IAW with his military training. Thieves will arm themselves and it is reasonable for victims to assume that they will be armed...
    Last edited by Autolite; 06-27-2018 at 11:36 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Good luck with that. As much as you may dislike the process and distrust the government the Crown did nothing illegal in either case.
    Indeed. What the Crown did was 'wrong', not illegal. I think that we can all agree that there's a difference...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by fraserdw View Post
    It would be nice if the Crown was required to pick the costs of the defense if an acquittal was returned.
    Agreed, but often "the process is the punishment"...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    While I don't believe property is ever worth a life
    But I'm guessing that you don't have a sign posted on your front lawn advertising that fact do you?

BTW, where do you live? Do you have a nice car???
    Last edited by Autolite; 06-27-2018 at 12:16 PM.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Autolite View Post
    But I'm guessing that you don't have a sign posted on your front lawn advertising that fact do you?

BTW, where do you live? Do you have nice car???
    Yes, I have a sign for each belief I hold on my front yard. They're even arranged alphabetically so criminals can quickly find reference to those they're interested in. Looks great.

I live in southern Sask, small town South of Moose Jaw. My vehicles are reasonably nice; neither Porsches nor Kia's. Yet the place I live and the vehicles I drive have nothing to do with my views.

We live in a civilized nation where rule of law prevails; it's certainly not perfectly executed and has its flaws but is generally effective. Property is not worth a life and the law is very clear on that. A life is worth a life and the law is very clear on that. Citizens are allowed to act to prevent crime. Look at the last three cases; Stanley, Maurice, Khill and you'll see the system works. It may be cumbersome and inefficient at times but it works, despite the best efforts of certain special interest groups.

The proposal for the crown to pay in case of acquittal is a good one. Would lessen the effect of punishment by process.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Yes, I have a sign for each belief I hold on my front yard. They're even arranged alphabetically so criminals can quickly find reference to those they're interested in. Looks great.
    That's something I've never before seen! Pics?

I live in southern Sask, small town South of Moose Jaw. My vehicles are reasonably nice; neither Porsches nor Kia's. Yet the place I live and the vehicles I drive have nothing to do with my views.
    Pics of your vehicles would be nice too! I promise I won't tell any thieves your views... really...

Quote Originally Posted by Autolite View Post
    That's something I've never before seen! Pics?

Pics of your vehicles would be nice too! I promise I won't tell any thieves your views... really...
    You are contributing absolutely nothing useful to this thread.

Charles Bradlaugh

IMO there is a key quote:

But it also means we’ll never learn what tortured logic led prosecutors to press charges against him in the first place.

Thanks to the Sun editorial for pointing this out.

Charles Bradlaugh