Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Savage Lightweight

The howa alpine is the nicest in this class because it comes with a Legendary arms works stock...very nice action as well. The kimber hunter is pretty good, certainly $200 higher quality than the savage.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by vancouverbc View Post
    Yeah just call Clay. They'll order one up. These just came out I doubt many/any dealers have them yet.

Since you mention it, if you're going to make a step up the Kimber Hunters are nice but the stock is so-so and might be better off finding a used Montana or Finnlight and be done with it. I had the older model stainless lightweight Savage (yeah they make em in a 116 IIRC) and could not get over the cheap stock got rid of it got a Kimber (and a Sako).
    When it comes to Tupperware stocks the one on the Kimber Hunter is excellent.Zero complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Wentrot View Post
    When it comes to Tupperware stocks the one on the Kimber Hunter is excellent.Zero complaints.
    Can second this. A very nice rigid stock on the Kimber Hunter.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mr. Friendly's Avatar
    what's the story on the two SKU's for the same 6.5 Creedmore?

and any links to info on that Howa Alpine?

And Wentrot...that Kimber is mighty fine.
    power corrupts, but absolute power is kinda cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Wentrot View Post
    Oh I agree, as far as tupperware. But I've owned a lot of Kimbers over the years and my two hunter's in 308 never shot nearly as well as my Montanas or Mountain Ascent, no matter what I did with hand loads. I attributed that to the stock.

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...es-yours-shoot
    Parcels are sent via Canada Post and include $100 insurance and signature required. Extra insurance is available at extra cost to you per Canada Post $2.20 per $100 optional.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cdn shooter View Post
    The howa alpine is the nicest in this class because it comes with a Legendary arms works stock...very nice action as well. The kimber hunter is pretty good, certainly $200 higher quality than the savage.
    Oh I'll be checking out all three. I was originally leaning towards the howa but at $1500 its not exactly cheap. Local shops have the Howa and the Kimber so I'll be checking those out shortly, hopefully I don't have to wait too long to get my hands on one of these.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Calling North Sylva! You guys are the savage importer aren't you?
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

These rifles have been shipped to our dealers.

Which caliber are you looking for? They come in .270Win, .223Rem, 7mm-08, .308Win, .243Win and 6.5 Creedmoor. Thanks.

7mm08.

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    7mm08.
    You can contact the stocking dealer - Ellwood Epps.

SKU#: 57072.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast