Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Marine Tac Shotgun

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ROBPECKFORD View Post
    maybe buy quality firearms.... i have an older wingmaster in ee that has never failed... likely never will. 300$ would likely take it... how much was that dominion 250$?
    Gotta LOVE' Shameless Self Promotion! Cheerz!

Quote Originally Posted by guapaguy View Post
    I just Received my Dominion Arms Marine Tac Shotgun. Nice looking gun until it’s disassembled, and the crude machining and poor design becomes clear. However I cleaned and lubed it and went to the range. Failure to feed constantly, and the last round just dumps out the bottom instead of chambering. Has anyone else purchased one of these lemons?
    Got around to test firing my Dominion Arms Marine Tac Shotgun today. Overall I like the gun and it shoots well. Only issues I had was that it came with open sights instead of ghost ring sites as advertised and that the barrel is marked as 14" but is 13" as was correctly advertised.

Was the pug still in your gun when you had the last round dumping out of the bottom? I experienced the same issue since the pug barely let the second round into the magazine. Once I removed it all 4 fit and there is room to spare so that issue is eliminated. As for a failure to feed any chance you short stroked? It takes more effort on this gun than my old Winchester but once I pumped more aggressively it worked fine.

I would recommend this gun. (EDIT - Gave it a proper try with some other ammo and it jammed/misfired constantly. It's not the ammo. I would not recommend it now but CanadaAmmo is willing to take it back. First gun I ever had an issue with from them but you can't complain with good service.)
    Last edited by .45colt; 03-25-2018 at 02:09 PM. Reason: With further testing gun was a real dud.

Quote Originally Posted by .45colt View Post
    Got around to test firing my Dominion Arms Marine Tac Shotgun today. Overall I like the gun and it shoots well. Only issues I had was that it came with open sights instead of ghost ring sites as advertised and that the barrel is marked as 14" but is 13" as was correctly advertised.

Was the pug still in your gun when you had the last round dumping out of the bottom? I experienced the same issue since the pug barely let the second round into the magazine. Once I removed it all 4 fit and there is room to spare so that issue is eliminated. As for a failure to feed any chance you short stroked? It takes more effort on this gun than my old Winchester but once I pumped more aggressively it worked fine.

I would recommend this gun.
    The first batch had ghost rings for sure. This batch got rifle sights and incorrectly labeled "14". We are no longer working with that manufacturing partner, there were some glaring language barriers.
    Canadaammo.com

https://www.canadaammo.com/

Please do not PM me with customer order requests!
    Send these via e-mail to: info@canadaammo.com

Yes the plug was in. Going to test it tomorrow with the plug out. No ghost ring sights as advertised either.

Quote Originally Posted by guapaguy View Post
    Yes the plug was in. Going to test it tomorrow with the plug out. No ghost ring sights as advertised either.
    Hope that solves your problem and it seems we received the same version of the gun. Is yours marked as 14" but is really 13" too? I expect so. I wrote Canada Ammo last week and asked for letter stating the barrel is marked incorrectly as 14" but is manufactured/sold as 13" just in case there are issues with future laws etc. I suggest you do the same. So far Canada Ammo has not answered my request for a letter and their automated email said

Thank you for your email.

A support representative will be reviewing your request and will send you a personal response within 2 business days (Usually much sooner)

Please do not call during this time, as this can cause confusion and delays.

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,
    CanadaAmmo.com Support Team

It has been a full 2 business days since then and still no response. Guess I will have to call them.

After a thorough cleaning and removal of the plug it cycled fine with snap caps. Took it to the range and the first shot jammed in the chamber and wouldn’t eject. After manually extracting that the first shot worked... subsequent rounds just spit out the bottom. It’s like the recoil rattles the next shot half out of the tube. Canada Ammo has agreed to take it back and “repair or replace”. Yes it’s also marked 14”.

Quote Originally Posted by .45colt View Post
    It has been a full 2 business days since then and still no response. Guess I will have to call them.
    Apologies, we are in the middle of moving our business to a different city.

Calling around 9-10 PST is the best bet.
    Canadaammo.com

https://www.canadaammo.com/

Please do not PM me with customer order requests!
    Send these via e-mail to: info@canadaammo.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123