Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 68910111213141516171819202122232426 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition to stop the CBSA from stealing your folding Knives!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer krausb's Avatar
    At the risk of sounding like a broken record, it is an awesome show of support to have almost 7500 signatures on this petition! But.... and I’ll say it again, the petition itself is unlikely to have any lasting results. All that is guaranteed is that the petition get registered into the official record in the day the sponsoring MP presents it to parliament.

The real chance we have at success is the court challenge, which sadly has only 153 donators thus far. Just 2% of the number of signatures on the petition... if everyone that signed the petition gave even just 5 or 10 bucks the funding for the lawsuit would be in place in no time at all.

Please see the second link in Wanstalls original post for information about the court challenge and how to find the gofundme page. CGN rules prohibit me from posting a link to it here.

Quote Originally Posted by krausb View Post
    .... and I’ll say it again, the petition itself is unlikely to have any lasting results. All that is guaranteed is that the petition get registered into the official record in the day the sponsoring MP presents it to parliament.

The real chance we have at success is the court challenge, which sadly has only 153 donators thus far. Just 2% of the number of signatures on the petition... if everyone that signed the petition gave even just 5 or 10 bucks the funding for the lawsuit would be in place in no time at all.
    I’m in for $25. Better than nothin...

Turned into $28.75 with tip.
    Last edited by mr.fatstacks; 03-14-2018 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Tipping is optional?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer krausb's Avatar
    That’s awesome! Well done!

Yeah, the whole tip thig is kind of weird but I guess that is the only way that gofundme gets their cut for operating the site. Apparently they don’t charge the fundraisers at all and are solely supported but the tips.

Yeah it’s a non issue really, if $3.75 is what it takes to help set things up than so be it.

signed and shared

This thread has close to 10000 views. There are approx 7500 signatures on the petition which includes #'s from across several other forums. If you going to view the thread then there's no reason you can't add your name to the petition.
    John 3:16. If not then unfortunately John 3:36
    Firearms owners are the difference between Tyranny & Freedom!!
    GUN CONTROL IS NOT CRIME CONTROL. ITS POPULATION CONTROL!
    Faith is not knowing what the future holds but knowing who holds the future

For what it's worth, I said "#### it" and ordered 3 Spyderco's in January from Knife Center after this rule was circulated.

An Endura, Paramilitary 2 and a Delica, worth about $400 CDN. It was opened by CBSA and then sent on it's merry way. They are fairly tight when they're new, maybe that had something to do with it.

Signed AND DONATED, I am not seeing a lot of ands on other posts. If 7000 plus can sign a petition (and I see that may be tough for some whiners) and could part with a whole $5 bucks the fund would be over $35,000. While we whine and bicker and say we can't do anything, and don't, then that will certainly be true. Time for action and solidarity, seems the left can do it why not us?

I had a cbsa officer sign this! Hahaha

Truth is we should be fitting for things like auto knives based on safety alone....how many is a knife daily and have to put something down to open or close a knife..you are at greater risk with more manipulation then with less. We give to much credit to our rented government...they serve us not the other way around, seems we lost faith in ourselves to hold the government accountable to their over reaching.