Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11131415161718192021222324252627282931 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition to stop the CBSA from stealing your folding Knives!

Uber Super GunNutz RoughneckRico's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander gunz View Post
    I could care less if it was CBSA that took my property or CITT. I blame who ever is following these corrupt orders. I thought "I was just following orders" is not a good excuse? Our Government and law enforcement is so full of corruption that I have zero faith in either.
    Now, you do realize that a good 30%, if not more, of gun enthusiasts in this country are military or law enforcement right? A good chunk of them are also CSSA, CCFR and NFA members.

They are simply doing their jobs to feed their families.

Politicians (the ones we elected) however are the ones who put these laws together and they get paid no matter what they do in their career.
    They dont personally have to apply these laws, so why would it matter to them what laws they pass, as long as they get their large paycheck and get re-elected (even if that means putting on a costume and doing a little jig).

Stop hating and start mending ties with our LE friends.

But, that was offtopic.

We all know, the knife thing is just another knee jerk reaction to gain some votes for our current great leaders of this country.
    Last edited by RoughneckRico; 03-24-2018 at 01:11 PM.

Sphinchtomonious thieving bastards all of them.

Done

Quote Originally Posted by RoughneckRico View Post
    Now, you do realize that a good 30%, if not more, of gun enthusiasts in this country are military or law enforcement right? A good chunk of them are also CSSA, CCFR and NFA members.

They are simply doing their jobs to feed their families.

Politicians (the ones we elected) however are the ones who put these laws together and they get paid no matter what they do in their career.
    They dont personally have to apply these laws, so why would it matter to them what laws they pass, as long as they get their large paycheck and get re-elected (even if that means putting on a costume and doing a little jig).

Stop hating and start mending ties with our LE friends.

But, that was offtopic.

We all know, the knife thing is just another knee jerk reaction to gain some votes for our current great leaders of this country.
    Someone is grossly overestimating things.
    There are only two types of people in this world, those who want to control others, and those who have no such desire. The former is the enemy of humanity.

Stand together. Stand strong. Don't give them an inch for they will take a mile.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer krausb's Avatar
    I'm not going to lie, I am more than a little disappointed that we don't see the names of any Canadian retailers in the list of contributors for the legal challenge. You would think they would want to contribute, even minimally, to help ensure their own livelihood. I can understand independent retailer where knives don't account for much of their sales volume,but there are Canadian companies who's sole business is selling knives.

I don't get how the one shot we have at successfully overturning this decision can only garner the support of 186 contributors (some of whom are actually Americans who were happy to chip in a few bucks to help their neighbors to the north out).

Over 8000 people took the time to sign the petition, so this issue obviously matters to someone. Of the 8262 who have signed so far, just 2.2% seem to have cared about the issue enough to put their money where their mouths (keyboards in this case) are and donate even a few buck to the legal challenge. I don't mean to sound like a nag here,but come on guys.... We can do a lot better than that!

Also, if you have the time, join me in writing a few politely worded emails to some of the retailers you routinely buy knives from (here in Canada and even in thew USA) and ask them what they are doing to earn our continued business in the face of this ridiculous ruling.

This seems like it can actually be a relatively easy win for us, for once, but I have this sinking feeling that the whole thing will die before it ever gets going due to a lack of genuine interest....

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by krausb View Post
    I'm not going to lie, I am more than a little disappointed that we don't see the names of any Canadian retailers in the list of contributors for the legal challenge. You would think they would want to contribute, even minimally, to help ensure their own livelihood. I can understand independent retailer where knives don't account for much of their sales volume,but there are Canadian companies who's sole business is selling knives.

I don't get how the one shot we have at successfully overturning this decision can only garner the support of 186 contributors (some of whom are actually Americans who were happy to chip in a few bucks to help their neighbors to the north out).

Over 8000 people took the time to sign the petition, so this issue obviously matters to someone. Of the 8262 who have signed so far, just 2.2% seem to have cared about the issue enough to put their money where their mouths (keyboards in this case) are and donate even a few buck to the legal challenge. I don't mean to sound like a nag here,but come on guys.... We can do a lot better than that!

Also, if you have the time, join me in writing a few politely worded emails to some of the retailers you routinely buy knives from (here in Canada and even in thew USA) and ask them what they are doing to earn our continued business in the face of this ridiculous ruling.

This seems like it can actually be a relatively easy win for us, for once, but I have this sinking feeling that the whole thing will die before it ever gets going due to a lack of genuine interest....
    +1 on this.

CGN Regular
    Things are getting downright ridiculous. Signed.
    And the bow shall be in the cloud, and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that (is) upon the earth. Genesis 9:16

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krausb View Post

The old proverb of fool me once, fool me twice comes to mind. I have given up on the orgs and donations, done it for years, donated heavily for the 10/22 challenge that still has no court date. I want to see measurable results or bare minimum I will donate directly to the law firm once we have an actual trial date
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer krausb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    The old proverb of fool me once, fool me twice comes to mind. I have given up on the orgs and donations, done it for years, donated heavily for the 10/22 challenge that still has no court date. I want to see measurable results or bare minimum I will donate directly to the law firm once we have an actual trial date
    Fair enough, I guess.... However, the go fund me IS the damn lawyer not some third party initiative but you would know that if you read either her blurb on the page or the linked article in Knife News. She won't have a trail date until there is a case and there won't be a case without money to pay for it.
    Last edited by krausb; 03-25-2018 at 08:19 PM.

I have a friend that's a CBSA officer.

I asked him straight up about this issue, and why in God's name is the CBSA taking folding knives? He's response was logical and I have to say I respect it.

" I have no problem with folding knives, but we are ordered by the government to confiscate all spring assisted, one handed operation folding knives. All others, be it two handed, or one handed non spring assisted are still perfectly ok."

To me this seems like it makes perfect sense. If you think there is a giant conspiracy in CBSA you're more then a little crazy.

I actually took a read on what was considered a prohibited knife in Canadian law, and it's right there " spring assisted knives " is labeled as a prohibited device. These guys are just following orders, and because it's a lawfully given order, that's backed up by a law in this country, it would be illegal to disobey it.

As military myself I can understand what he and everyone at CBSA is going through, and don't approve of the negative rap these guys are getting. Do you really think they all woke up and were like " let's go #### with people today". No they"re just doing a job that needs to be done.

The only thing I don't understand is why they suddenly decided to enforce this now, and not when the law came out.
    I am proud supporter of the: Canadian Armed Forces, RCMP, Firefighters, Paramedics, Border Control
    Basically, if your put your life in danger to better this country, you have my respect.