Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8182021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Petition to stop the CBSA from stealing your folding Knives!

Well.. here we go..

Anyone have an update on this BS? Is it actually being challenged in court, or is another beat your head against the wall contact your local MP?
    Last edited by johnny88; 05-27-2018 at 11:58 PM.

Signed, thanks for bringing this up. Were slowly moving towards complete dictatorship, this is such a joke.

Last edited by Sinbad; 09-30-2018 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny88 View Post
    Any have an update on this BS? Is it actually being challenged in court, or is another beat your head against the wall contact your local MP?
    I received an email from the lawyer involved on May 22, 2018 that the draft application, factum and affidavit has been completed.

Signed.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrXenon View Post
    What do you need a brake on a 5.56mm firearm for? You should just slip a maxipad under your bra strap to dampen the hellish recoil.
    Spock to Kirk:
    "Logic dictates Captain. If Pro-Gunners are as violent as Anti-Gunners say they are, there would not be any Anti-Gunners left."

CGN Regular
    Well I thought this was a rumor/joke when someone said something about thumb studs being banned months ago, didn't think anything of it...Now I understand what they were talking about.

Forgot about it and without even thinking, I put in a knife order which is now being reviewed by customs. (Benchmade 940 and a Ganzo beater knife, real baby killers) Great.

I see a bunch of things have been filed back in May from the Lawyer fighting it, any updates in the last month?

Uber Super GunNutz RoughneckRico's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by schissler View Post
    Well I thought this was a rumor/joke when someone said something about thumb studs being banned months ago, didn't think anything of it...Now I understand what they were talking about.

Forgot about it and without even thinking, I put in a knife order which is now being reviewed by customs. (Benchmade 940 and a Ganzo beater knife, real baby killers) Great.

I see a bunch of things have been filed back in May from the Lawyer fighting it, any updates in the last month?
    So what happens if your shipment gets refused because it is prohibited?
    Do they seize and destroy the knives?
    Can you still import them and sell them to military or law enforcement? Is there a permit you can get to carry prohibited knives?
    Are the knives simply returned to the supplier and you are refunded your money?

So many questions I know.
    Member: CSSA, OFAH, CCFR, NFA, CTOA & NRA

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by RoughneckRico View Post
    So what happens if your shipment gets refused because it is prohibited?
    Do they seize and destroy the knives?
    Can you still import them and sell them to military or law enforcement? Is there a permit you can get to carry prohibited knives?
    Are the knives simply returned to the supplier and you are refunded your money?

So many questions I know.

To answer your question it appears the only options are one of the following:

Appeal (not much hope there if you've ever done it before)
    Find a broker to send it to the US or back to sender (which will cost you money to send a prohibited weapon now, so unless its a few hundred dollar item probably not worth it)
    Destroy it.
    Last edited by schissler; 07-03-2018 at 07:11 PM.

CGN frequent flyer RifleGirl1986's Avatar
    Signed