Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617182030 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition to stop the CBSA from stealing your folding Knives!

Done. Good luck..

The problem is that they’re interpreting the Criminal Code to mean that they’re prohibibited and therefore ineligible for import. Nothing in the CC has changed and they’re going against against decisions they’ve made in the past.

Nothing stopping you from owning one but God forbid you run into a jackboot thug crossing back into Canada with a one hand opener that you bought in Canada.

I think I’ll start carrying my issued aircrew survival knife. See what DND has to say when CBSA seizes government property.

done!

Done. Good Luck.

Done.

Signed

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Done. Although I ordered a folder 2 weeks ago and it made through.

Quote Originally Posted by RoughneckRico View Post
    Can someone clarify if this is just the import or the ownership that is a problem?
    Seems to be both, CBSA is confiscating them at the border and RCMP are arresting and seizing the weapons as prohibited. At least thats what I got from this article http://knifenews.com/attorney-asks-k...e-legislation/. Although the RCMP are charging people she has won all 11 related cases but still a huge hassle.

Personally I own a ton of flipper and AO knives and always carried one clipped to my pocket and would hate to see them disappear from Canada. Personally though when I first read the law regarding knives that states.

(a) a knife that has a blade that opens automatically by gravity or centrifugal force or by hand pressure applied to a button, spring or other device in or attached to the handle of the knife

I had a hard time believing that AO knives where legal from my interpretation of that law. It was only after spending a few hours searching the net that I felt comfortable enough to order several of these knives(out of the US) that I did without incident at that time. Most people that I encountered would not be able to tell the difference between certain AO knifes and a switchblade. IMO they are functionally very similar even though they use very different systems and I kind of always seen it as a technicality that these knives where allowed in.

I really wish canada would not have such ambiguous wording in the laws that get passed. You would never see that level of ambiguity in a legal document from something like a bank, or insurance company. With that said I truly believe that precidence has been set and that AO and flipper knives should remain unprohibited unless that law is actually changed or they (the CBSA) should be deemed incompetent(and punished) for failing to do their job and allowing so many of these "dangerous" knives into the country already...

Done

Signed. There is so much government fail in this country.