Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3131516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition to stop the CBSA from stealing your folding Knives!

CGN frequent flyer

Is this what make's our politician's quake in their wingtip's and sensible pumps??

What next? Outlawing the ducktail haircut?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer krausb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tactical lever View Post

Is this what make's our politician's quake in their wingtip's and sensible pumps??

What next? Outlawing the ducktail haircut?
    As much as it seems like something out of a bad sitcom, yes that is exactly what they were imagining when they created the current definitions for prohibited devices...

^ note that they are in the kitchen, with what appear to be kitchen knives, which are the #1 knife used in homicide. However we do not see a ban on kitchen knives.

Signed!

Wife signed too, even though she rolls her eyes every time I buy a new knife, lol.

Too bad GoFundMe demands a minimum $5 tip to make any donation to the campaign. I'm not giving them a penny, will contact the lawyer and see if she takes direct transfers.

Economic Refugee

Quote Originally Posted by mt666tm View Post
    ^ note that they are in the kitchen, with what appear to be kitchen knives, which are the #1 knife used in homicide. However we do not see a ban on kitchen knives.

Signed!

Wife signed too, even though she rolls her eyes every time I buy a new knife, lol.
    Don't laugh too quickly.... it was about 10 years back that a doctor's lobby group in Britain tried to push for an all out ban on pointy kitchen knives and only allow the sale of blunt tipped ones. It's always easier to blame things than it is people....

Quote Originally Posted by toomanyhobbies View Post
    Too bad GoFundMe demands a minimum $5 tip to make any donation to the campaign. I'm not giving them a penny, will contact the lawyer and see if she takes direct transfers.
    Im sorry this sounds obtuse but I dont understand your hostility towards gofundme. Don't they deserve to get some compensation for hosting these fundraisers?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sakoman .308's Avatar
    FFS, done already.
    There was a huge car accident a few days ago. 26 people killed. lets ban cars.
    a baseball bat was used to kill 1 student by another. lets ban bats.
    acid is thrown on people in england, it's got to go.
    cops also kill people...

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanyhobbies View Post
    Only 5%. Won't be $5 until you donate $100. If you only donate $20 you would give an additional dollar to gofundme. Unless you are putting forth a pretty sizeable donation, it seems like a lot of gyration to save a couple bucks.

Seems like a pretty good gig, but for the trouble involved I just paid the minimum.

signed and donated!
    Less-reliant hobby farmer, proud dad, and marginal podcaster.

Quote Originally Posted by tactical lever View Post
    Only 5%. Won't be $5 until you donate $100. If you only donate $20 you would give an additional dollar to gofundme. Unless you are putting forth a pretty sizeable donation, it seems like a lot of gyration to save a couple bucks.

Seems like a pretty good gig, but for the trouble involved I just paid the minimum.
    Didn't work that way for me. You HAVE TO "tip" which then becomes a service charge and NOT a tip. I put down OTHER because I'm not interested in giving them 10%, at which point it demands minimum $5. Pack of thieves. Go see for yourself.

If they were honest and just said they apply a flat rate 10% commission I'd likely have been okay with that. Demanding tips is not acceptable business practice.

Economic Refugee