Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1323252627282930313233

Thread: Petition to stop the CBSA from stealing your folding Knives!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer guess_kto's Avatar
    It already failed. Government posted FU response already.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer krausb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Link is dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by guess_kto View Post
    Yeah, the petition was closed for new signatures a few months back and, as guess_kto says, it went nowhere at all.... That said, the legal challenge is still pending and needs support. That link still works fine.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by guess_kto View Post
    http://www.citt-tcce.gc.ca/en/node/8176
    T. LAPLANTE
    v.
    PRESIDENT OF THE CANADA BORDER SERVICES AGENCY
    Appeal No. AP-2017-012

Decision and reasons issued
    Thursday, November 16, 2017
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002

Well this is some bs. The link doesn't seem to be working though..

Kershaw's are now illegal to open carry or just to import?

What a coincidence that i saw this post today. I receiver a letter from the CBSA about a notice of seizure. They apparently seized a "Butterfly knife" in December. First of all i didn't buy a butterfly knife as i know that they are illegal in Canada. I called them right away and the agent said that i have to appeal asap because i only had 90 days from the day of seizure to appeal. So not it has been over 90 days, and one of the consequences of not appealing in time is that i might/will be put on a no fly list and wont be able to leave the country. This is silly because how could i have filed an appeal within 90 when they send me that letter almost 4 months later? I hope they don't screw me over as i want to go to America to see family for Easter!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrykSz View Post
    What a coincidence that i saw this post today. I receiver a letter from the CBSA about a notice of seizure. They apparently seized a "Butterfly knife" in December. First of all i didn't buy a butterfly knife as i know that they are illegal in Canada. I called them right away and the agent said that i have to appeal asap because i only had 90 days from the day of seizure to appeal. So not it has been over 90 days, and one of the consequences of not appealing in time is that i might/will be put on a no fly list and wont be able to leave the country. This is silly because how could i have filed an appeal within 90 when they send me that letter almost 4 months later? I hope they don't screw me over as i want to go to America to see family for Easter!!!!
    thats government logic right there
    I will ignore every person here that actively or passively supports the liberal party, support or are friends with Justin Turdhole, and any legislation aimed at increasing gun control. I will never purchase nor sell any items from/to those individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollieftw View Post
    Kershaw's are now illegal to open carry or just to import?
    This ruling only applies to the Canadian Border Services so it just relates to importation. Knife stores here still sell them (for now) and people still carry them. The actual law has not changed, just the CBSA's interpretation of it has (thanks to the CITT).

That said, who knows if this ruing may end up being trotted out in court to justify an overzealous search/seizure and arrest... Speculation of course but completely possible I suppose.

You mean my OTF switched blade may be kept by customs ?

Quote Originally Posted by MartNutz View Post
    You mean my OTF switched blade may be kept by customs ?
    I can't tell if you are trying to be funny or if you are actually serious...