Page 1 of 33 1234567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition to stop the CBSA from stealing your folding Knives!

Expried Business Member

Exclamation Petition to stop the CBSA from stealing your folding Knives!

To those of you not in the know. The CBSA has decided to interpret the knife laws in Canada to suite their own agenda and have been seizing perfectly legal knives from both consumers and retailers at the border under their own internal misguided interpretation of the law. This is a complete abuse of power on the CBSA’s behalf and it is time for Canadians to stand up! This could be the beginning of a slippery slope.

Please take 30 seconds and sign the petition below and fight for your rights!

https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Sign/e-1552

Link to article outlining what’s going on

http://knifenews.com/attorney-asks-k...e-legislation/

Go fund me link:

https://www.gofundme.com/canadian-knife-rights-law-suit
    Last edited by WanstallsOnline; 03-15-2018 at 06:48 PM.

Hope we get lots of signatures!

Already done..... this is also stopping manufacturers from shipping into Canada. Yes the ever so dangerous spydeco folder. Just went you think things couldn't get any stupider

Signed. Maybe you guys could ask the mods to sticky this somewhere conspicuous.
    Real men eat haggis and eggs.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer krausb's Avatar
    Thanks for posting these links Wanstalls!!

This petition will definitely send a message to the sitting government but, let’s face it, it is unlikely to bring about any actual change. I think the real chance we have at overruling or overturning this arbitrary decision is through the court challenge that a Toronto area lawyer is preparing to mount.

That said, the fundraising campaign for this court challenge doesn’t have even a fraction of the momentum (at least not yet) that the petition has so far. I’m thrilled to see that, so far, 107 of us have donated almost $5300 to this legal fight but there is still a long ways to go.

I am hopeful that knife manufacturers and retailers will start to take notice and help with the funding but I’m also hopeful that knife collectors, enthusiasts, and users will all band together an kick in a few bucks too.

I’ve said this both on CGN and elsewhere, but if even 10% of Canadians who carry a pocket knife kicked in just 5 bucks each this thing would be funded on no time.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Done!
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

The liberal government doesn't care and neither does the CBSA, we all know this petition will go nowhere. The liberals have the majority and they simply do not have to do jack sh\t about it....and trust me they won't!
    Liberal party of Canada- Useless since 1867

Signed

Signed and shared with friends.
    |CCFR|

CGN Ultra frequent flyer krausb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by murph83 View Post
    The liberal government doesn't care and neither does the CBSA, we all know this petition will go nowhere. The liberals have the majority and they simply do not have to do jack sh\t about it....and trust me they won't!
    All the more reason to kick in 10 or 20 bucks for the court challenge. This is the one thing that will actually work. Read the second link that Wanstalls posted to read what the lawyer has to say and what her strategy is. If nothing else, the initial court injunction will stop the CBSA from banning the importation of any knives under this ruling until the whole thing runs its course through the court system.

Page 1 of 33 1234567891121 ... LastLast