Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9111213141516171819202122232425262729 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition to stop the CBSA from stealing your folding Knives!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Hello everyone!

Signed and a donation.
    My first post on CGN and it's gotta be about fighting BS government tyranny.
    Thanks Wanstalls for the heads up.

Signed

CGN Regular
    There are over 8,000 signatures.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer krausb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SharpCdn View Post
    There are over 8,000 signatures.
    Definitely impressive but still only 181 donators to the legal challenge... roughly 2% the number of signatures on the petition that will ultimately do nothing other than make people feel good for signing it... if there were 8000 people backing the legal challenge, the government would definitely be paying attention.

On a related side note, the lack of manufacturer and retailer support for the legal challenge is the most disheartening part... I think a lot of us really hoped they would step up but not many have yet. That said, hats off to the few that have.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by redrab View Post
    Lungorthin, go to the CBSA website and file a complaint outlining your issue with the appro legislation of legal knives. If you file a complaint online, a superintendant will get it and they have to respond to your complaint but only if it is online. If you call the border or any of that crap, your complaint will go nowhere. The minute you put it in writing that changes things. Everyone should be doing this when it comes to customs and their importations. Supt's HATE to answer complaints. Especially outline the fact that you have made a legal to purchase item in Canada and that you are a taxpayer. They are public servants and they have to answer lawful complaints. Just be tactful in your writing of the complaint. This will get things moving...depending on what part of the country you are in, there is a backlog at the mail centres. But this is even more of a reason that people should be complaining. That is not your problem and nothing like this should ever be held up.

As for the petition...signed.

cheers
    This is unfortunately a total waste of everyone's time. CBSA did not make this decision, as I showed earlier, it was a stupid decision by the CITT based on an earlier and equally stupid decision of theirs. CBSA is simply implementing the directive they've been given by the CITT. Direct your ire and complaints to the Canadian International Trade Tribunal.

Also signed - the petition even says right at the top that the CITT is to blame for the decision.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Greenhorse six's Avatar
    Alberta,using the first rule of how not to be seen.
    signed , 8020 signatures .
    Never Pet A Burning Dog.
    I have a serious phobia of being alone.
    I take solace in military tactics because they emphasize teamwork and working with others.

Done

Done!
    Member: NFA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Longarm9 View Post
    This is unfortunately a total waste of everyone's time. CBSA did not make this decision, as I showed earlier, it was a stupid decision by the CITT based on an earlier and equally stupid decision of theirs. CBSA is simply implementing the directive they've been given by the CITT. Direct your ire and complaints to the Canadian International Trade Tribunal.

Also signed - the petition even says right at the top that the CITT is to blame for the decision.
    Well no, the CBSA confiscated the items, it was appealed to the CITT, and they basically ruled the way the CBSA wanted them to. This is being pushed by the CBSA.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mike112288's Avatar
    Pocket knives being confiscated????? Gonna confiscate my underwear next or what???