Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Price matching.

Price matching.

Hey guys, couldn't find any mention on your site but will you match competitors online prices?
    I would rather buy local. Thanks.
    Diversity is social poison.

I believe they do, but you need to do the order over the phone

I have seen these treads before and I've always wanted to ask, when you go to your local Safeway, do you dicker on price? How about your local fast food restaurant, do you see if you can get you big mac for the price of a papa burger?

If you want to shop local, do so, they have set their prices so that they can make a reasonable profit and stay in business where they are located.

Always wondered about the logic. The only time I don't shop local occurs when the product I want simply is not available locally.

Scott
    "Happy to meet, sorry to part, happy to meet again"

Quote Originally Posted by m39a2 View Post
    I have seen these treads before and I've always wanted to ask, when you go to your local Safeway, do you dicker on price? How about your local fast food restaurant, do you see if you can get you big mac for the price of a papa burger?

If you want to shop local, do so, they have set their prices so that they can make a reasonable profit and stay in business where they are located.

Always wondered about the logic. The only time I don't shop local occurs when the product I want simply is not available locally.

Scott
    Question for you... if you saw a laser sight you wanted for a pistol and noticed an online dealer who you have done business with 20+ times had it for $244.99 and another online dealer who you never done business with had it for $159.99 (that's an $85 / 53.13% price difference). Would you not ask the dealer who you had done business with multiple times if they are willing to price match that item. What's the harm, get a no maybe? If the store can't make a profit on it they wont sell it too you. Its spending your money wisely. This is the situation I ran into not even 3 weeks ago. Both online dealers were site sponsors here.

Since the dawn of online shopping, the power has shifted to the consumer somewhat. There is a philosophy among many shoppers now, the question posed to retailers is - Do you want some of my money, or none of my money? I prefer to keep business local when it is feasible, and reasonable, but I won't get taken to the cleaners locally, when I feel I can get a fair shake elsewhere. Just my .02¢.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilsworth View Post
    Since the dawn of online shopping, the power has shifted to the consumer somewhat. There is a philosophy among many shoppers now, the question posed to retailers is - Do you want some of my money, or none of my money? I prefer to keep business local when it is feasible, and reasonable, but I won't get taken to the cleaners locally, when I feel I can get a fair shake elsewhere. Just my .02¢.
    +1 totally agree.

I do prefer to deal locally, but when your only local store that carries any gun related product is Canadian Tire and your gun range (which has the largest mark ups you will ever see, especially on ammo) you are forced to deal online. Last year along I purchased a Savage 64 FVSR, Savage 94 FVSR, Kel-Tec Sub 2000, and Glock 17 all from Wanstalls because they were 20-30% cheaper then what my range sells them for.

BANNED

Scott
    a lot of grocery stores price match.

CGN Regular

Scott
    I have never once spent 2-3k at the grocery store in one go. Ever.

I shop where my funds have the most return when possible and as stated, it never hurts to ask.

Expried Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpyguy View Post
    Hey guys, couldn't find any mention on your site but will you match competitors online prices?
    I would rather buy local. Thanks.
    We have no official price match policy.

We do where we can (which about 95% of the time we are able to). Just keep in mind the item has to actually be in stock, it has to be an advertised price (not a price that your buddy's plumber got from the owners cousin) and we do factor in shipping, oversized/ dangerous goods charges etc.

Also make sure you check our prices in store and online. We find about 50% of the time we get asked to price matched we are already priced lower than what we are being asked to match.

That being said however in some cases it just cant be done. If a retailer is flush with certain SKU's and chooses to sell below cost, we cant go backwards as a business.

Feel free to email the shop or call us directly at 1-888-967-4867 ask for Matt (retail) or Tyson (online) and one of us will take care of you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast