Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Maccabee Defense SLR Parts Buyer's Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Kinthelt View Post
    I just got my SLR in the mail today. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to open in. You say "stainless steel socket cap screw in hex drive". What does that mean? I used every hex key in my house and nothing came close to fitting.
    The size is 3/16.
    Last edited by RedApe; 09-27-2018 at 07:15 PM.

I just got my SLR in the mail today. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to open in. You say "stainless steel socket cap screw in hex drive". What does that mean? I used every hex key in my house and nothing came close to fitting.
    My bolt was already loose when mine arrived. I needed to give it a little tap with a mallet to get mine apart. A little tight is better than loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorerider View Post
    My bolt was already loose when mine arrived. I needed to give it a little tap with a mallet to get mine apart. A little tight is better than loose.
    It's not a matter of it being tight or loose. There's no instructions (anywhere) on how to take down the receiver. I had to come here, to the supplier, to get something resembling an idea of how to take it down. I'll try RedApe's suggestion of a 5/16".

So there’s a bolt in front of the magwell that runs up into the upper. You need a 3/16” Allen key to loosen it off. There’s a much smaller Allen bolt that is used to capture the takedown bolt in place, do not remove that. Once the bolt is loose and dropped down the upper slides to the front about an inch or so then you can lift it off the lower. Like I said mine needed a little love tap to get it moving the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorerider View Post
    So there’s a bolt in front of the magwell that runs up into the upper. You need a 3/16” Allen key to loosen it off. There’s a much smaller Allen bolt that is used to capture the takedown bolt in place, do not remove that. Once the bolt is loose and dropped down the upper slides to the front about an inch or so then you can lift it off the lower. Like I said mine needed a little love tap to get it moving the first time.
    thats the size. ill amend mine. i knew it as 5/16 or 3/16

once you get it apart. oil the rails. definitely helps.

also side note, once built, you dont slide it back together from the end, you place the upper half way roughly then slide it together. the hammer prevents it sliding all the way from the start once built.

Anybody else find that a standard ejection port cover hinge pin isn't long enough?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Anybody else find that a standard ejection port cover hinge pin isn't long enough?
    I used a DPMS ejection port cover kit and had to shorten the pin 1/16"

It's not a matter of it being tight or loose. There's no instructions (anywhere) on how to take down the receiver. I had to come here, to the supplier, to get something resembling an idea of how to take it down. I'll try RedApe's suggestion of a 5/16".
    The internet my friend has many videos on how it comes apart.
    CCFR — CSSA

a standard mil spec pin “without” the c clip is used.
    CCFR — CSSA

Just received mine.... Can't figure what caliber it is... At the very beginning, we had to choose which upper we want... Is upper now multicaliber ?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast