Thread: Consignments

CGN Ultra frequent flyer

Consignments

I have listed over 20 firearms with Prophet River in the past two years, and I could not be more pleased. All have sold within a month or so, and several within a few days. The prices have been good, and for the most part I have taken store credit that I used for other purchases, so no consignment fees were paid. Best of all, I avoided having to deal with potential buyers that were not serious, and I did not have to deal with packing and shipping/insurance etc.
    only accurate guns are interesting

BANNED
    As for price, (probably a stupid question) but do you decide "this is the price I want and it'll sit until I get the price I want" or does PR have a say in the price?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    The consignee sets the price. If the staff feels that the price is too high, or two low, they will offer their opinion, but the consignee still has the final say. If an offer is made below the asking price, the store will contact the consignee with the offer, and you have the option of accepting or refusing the offer, or of making a counter offer. You also have the option of reducing the price if the firearm doesn't sell as quickly as you would like. If you set realistic prices, the firearms usually sell fairly quickly, but if the firearm sits for several months, the price is obviously higher than the market is willing to pay. Very high end firearms or oddball firearms often take longer to sell, because there are fewer potential buyers for those items.
    only accurate guns are interesting

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by stubblejumper View Post
    The consignee sets the price. If the staff feels that the price is too high, or two low, they will offer their opinion, but the consignee still has the final say. If an offer is made below the asking price, the store will contact the consignee with the offer, and you have the option of accepting or refusing the offer, or of making a counter offer. You also have the option of reducing the price if the firearm doesn't sell as quickly as you would like. If you set realistic prices, the firearms usually sell fairly quickly, but if the firearm sits for several months, the price is obviously higher than the market is willing to pay. Very high end firearms or oddball firearms often take longer to sell, because there are fewer potential buyers for those items.
    Thanks for answering. I routinely browse PR consignments looking for gems lol.