Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Unfortunate Experience

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIHGuy View Post
    To clarify, their response to my asking to hold (Yes I couldn't pay for it until Friday, had to get back to town to do some banking) was "We do not have a hold policy, payment must be receive today.

Linda"

I know it's not the most offensive thing in the world, but I tend to expect polite responses as a customer.
    Ha. That IS a polite response. It’s also nice to see a direct and to the point response, rather than some snowflake response like “Thanks for REACHING OUT to us about a possible purchase, sadly our current computer won’t allow us to put items on hold. Maybe in the future, but in the meantime, wishing you Sunny Ways”

375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Sounds pretty polite to me..
    sucks there is no hold, most places do not have a hold policy so what can ya do. Lol
    Pro Patria
    09-03-06 🇨🇦 11-27-13
    We Will Remember Them

Seems like a robotic response, yes... but FAR from insulting or degrading to you as a customer. May have just caught them as they were heading out the door for lunch, but they wanted to respond quickly to you? dunno just playing devils advocate.
    ~Davis

It's possible I took the initial response the wrong way, no denying that. Still curious why I haven't heard anything back in nearly a week though. You would think a company would want to try to keep customers, right?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CdnCombatMedic's Avatar
    It's possible I took the initial response the wrong way, no denying that. Still curious why I haven't heard anything back in nearly a week though. You would think a company would want to try to keep customers, right?
    Sometimes people just get sick of the bull####. They gave a fair response via email already.
    CSSA Member

To clarify, their response to my asking to hold (Yes I couldn't pay for it until Friday, had to get back to town to do some banking) was "We do not have a hold policy, payment must be receive today.

Linda"

I know it's not the most offensive thing in the world, but I tend to expect polite responses as a customer.
    So THIS is your justification for posting a butt-hurt slam post?? How is this rude or crusty???? They simply stated their policy. What's the problem here? I"m missing what you're so upset about.
    Space for rent.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    They don't care, they have steady business as is and the mortgages are all paid for.....
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Exactly what are you expecting to hear? You got your answer. NO they don't have a hold policy and they are sorry you feel upset about it. What more is there for them to say. Call them with your credit card like everyone else and order what you want.
    Space for rent.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar

Linda"

As others have stated, that's a pretty clear and non offensive response! I've never dealt with Linda, only the Dad and son.
    Linda sounds like a straight shooter which doesn't surprise me given who she works with.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Companies do want to keep customers, but in the heirarchy of customer retention, customers who ask for policies to be altered and then want to talk to someone “higher up” when they don’t like the response, probably don’t rank high in that hierarchy. I’d rather deal with a company that doesn’t waste time on things, so they can keep their pricing competitive, than one that sends long winded responses with heart emojis and trigger warnings, but charges more.