Page 1 of 14 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Unfortunate Experience

Unfortunate Experience

Note: Have bought several rifles in the past and always had a great experience, and great quality rifles.

This past weekend I placed an order on a rifle, and asked for it to be held until Friday. I understand now Tradex has no hold policy, and I can't fault them for that. Thats just how they run things.
    The rather rude response I received, on the other hand, was unexpected. So I allowed them to cancel my order, hoping it would still be available at the end of the week, but couldn't get the bitter taste out of my mouth regarding the response. So I emailed back explaining my dismay.

"I'm sorry you feel that way"

Thats the only response I received. And even after having asked that my issue be forwarded to someone higher up with a response expected, I have still heard nothing back.
    I'm disappointed with the whole experience, especially since I had a good opinion of Tradex before and had been recommending them to others, and had planned on buying a lot more merchandise myself.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Nestor's Avatar
    I've had better or worse experiences with many, reputable dealers here. Don't get me wrong, without knowing the full story it's hard to say anything really. I'm always trying to remember that each of us, also in the professional capacity, may have a better and not so good day. Including myself. Sometimes it's just not worth to continue on with the old grunge, but if cutting the ties will be the right thing to do in your opinion - do it. Best of luck. Just remember - we all suck at times.
    Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is that you're stupid and you make bad decisions.

So you asked a company to violate it's own well known policy, they said "NO", and you got butt hurt? Then you pulled the "Let me talk to your superior" trick and when they didn't play you got even more butt hurt. Is that about right? It's a father and son company. You were likely talking to the owner. I'm sorry they didn't make you feel safe and special. Trade Ex (correct spelling) is an awesome company.
    Space for rent.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zenmagic View Post
    So you asked a company to violate it's own well known policy, they said "NO", and you got butt hurt?
    I may be wrong, but I am under the opinion that is was not that the company said "No" but it was how they said "No."

There is a huge difference between, "I am sorry but we cannot violate our policy or start making exceptions: our apologies."
    and
    "This is our policy, if you don't like it you can f### off and take your [insert profanity] somewhere else." (I am not saying that Tradex said this: just making the point)

Any business we deal with we expect to be treated with respect, just as the business should be by the customer: until Tradex comments or exact words come out I will not be making judgement for/against either side.
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    +1 ^^. Pretty sure this was the OP's scenario too.
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    I don’t understand ? You bought a rifle and then asked for them to “hold” it for you? Like you didn’t want them to ship it out yet?
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    I don’t understand ? You bought a rifle and then asked for them to “hold” it for you? Like you didn’t want them to ship it out yet?
    Probably a "please hold till I get the funds to you" scenario.
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

"I'm sorry you feel that way"

OP states this as the offending comment. So what did OP say to TradeEx to elicit this comment? He doesn't say. Funny he only posts one side of the story before writing a butt hurt post.
    OP - post both sides of the complete conversation before you try the sympathy post.
    Space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Normally to "hold" something means that they don't want to pay for it now but want the store to stop anyone else from buying it either.
    Space for rent.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Well he said he placed an order for the rifle then asked to hold it which is why the confusion. Placing an order at a retail level usually involves payment. If the business has a FCFS policy for everyone then it’s not really fair to get upset when they remind you of it.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Page 1 of 14 12345678911 ... LastLast