Thread: Empty brass casings. What to do with them?

Empty brass casings. What to do with them?

Hi!

Pretty basic question: I got a bunch of brass shells (.30-06, 9MM and bunch of .22) that i have no idea to do with. I know you can reload the .30-06 and 9MM (Which is not something i am interested enough for now), but i don't know where to sell all the brass either to reloaders or scrappers. And what about shotgun shells?

At the same time, what about steel cases?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ipscgraz's Avatar
    On a reasonably direct route with the wipers on.
    The 22 brass is recycleable for metal value; same with the steel cases. Your range may have a bin for these.

As far as the 9mm and 30 cal brass, find a couple of coffee cans etc. and start storing them. Very good chance you will get into reloading eventually, or a friend will. If you never reload, you will be able to sell them on the EE for a few bucks.

Name brand shotgun shells might be worth keeping but the cheap target loads are just landfill, unfortunately.
    A demand for further gun laws is an admission that the hundreds of gun laws already on the books, and the Firearms Act itself, is simply to placate the uninformed.

“The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." Tacitus

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    Donate the empties to the range.
    Or maybe sort them or not, but the brass and the steel certainly has a value to them .

Rob
    Last edited by FLHTCUI; 04-14-2018 at 09:29 AM.
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cement head's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffQC1 View Post
    Hi!

Pretty basic question: I got a bunch of brass shells (.30-06, 9MM and bunch of .22) that i have no idea to do with. I know you can reload the .30-06 and 9MM (Which is not something i am interested enough for now), but i don't know where to sell all the brass either to reloaders or scrappers. And what about shotgun shells?

At the same time, what about steel cases?

depending on how much 9mm brass you have you might be able to sell it on here . along with the 3006 brass . as for the steel cases I would just throw them out . make sure they don't break out of your garbage bag. and unless you have a 5 gallon pail full of 22 brass your not going to get much at a scrap yard. I would just throw them out also . unless you can leave them at your range if you belong to one. if you ever go to scrap something like brass don't leave your name with them . it's none of their business. you never know who your dealing with .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLYBYU44's Avatar
    Our range has pails for unwanted brass (which us reloaders tend to sift through pretty good). If you have a private area you shoot at, I would save it up and take it to a metal recycler once you get a bit saved up.
    I like guns....

My range brass from the last few visits

Most clubs have pails for emptys, also you can put up a note on the bulletin board with your name and what you have.