Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill c-71

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by meatball74 View Post
    Granted that this will be a nightmare, but its a "not our problem" nightmare, its the FO's nightmare. And he'll never get the funding, so the transfers will never take place. Its ingenious really. They write the bills, they don't have to figure out if any of it is "Logical".

All that said. Its in its first reading... maybe it can be dragged out and never implemented until PM Dressup has to hold an election and is sent back to the substitute teachers pool in Quebec.
    Election is, at most, 19 months away. That's an awfully long time to stall if they have a majority government. Applying pressure to MP's so that they end up with a bunch of no-show's is our only real chance, and that is assuming that no NDP or other party's MP's vote for it enough for it to pass anyway.
    If you're going through hell, keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by Onagoth View Post
    Looks to me like the classification of the AR cannot be changed by the rcmp.

The schedule prescribing the AR to be restricted remains in tact
    ...for now

The scary part....

The Registrar shall issue a reference number if he or she is satisfied that the transferee holds and is still eligible to hold a licence authorizing them to acquire and possess a non-restricted firearm.

so, now the fine folks at on the phone get to decide??

I guess until the end of June 2018 swiss arms and cz 858 prices are gonna sky rocket!! Wish I kept mine now!! But on another note now is the time to voice your opinion ( respectively) to your MP's I have already sent mine an email!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmer2285 View Post
    I guess until the end of June 2018 swiss arms and cz 858 prices are gonna sky rocket!! Wish I kept mine now!!
    And then immediately crash because you can't shoot them, the number of potential buyers is fixed and they all already have one, so there's no incentive for them to have more paper weights unless they're just trying to catch 'em all.
    If you're going through hell, keep going.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve MKII View Post
    What details are you looking for?
    The CSSA only had a few points. The actual document has many changes with 100's of references I know nothing about. I'd like to understand everything that is actually changing.
    Member CSSA, Avid Reloader, Hobby Gunsmith

CGN frequent flyer Siggy Stardust's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroman99 View Post
    What if I just lend a guy a gun? I don't even understand what this says. My rifles are not registered now...as far as the government is concerned I don't "own" any. My brother and I honestly do co own a few...i don't see that I need to call the rcmp to lend him his own gun. Which now makes it all unenforceable
    ..i sell a gun no one knows I own to someone else...unless the cop is at my house who's to know?
    This is why I see widespread non-compliance with this, just like the LGR.

I'm not going to get too excited about any of this until after the next election. I, perhaps naively, believe that a CPC government would do away with much of this crap if their past rhetoric is to believed, that is. Many of us waited out LGR for over 20 years, so this should be a picnic.

Not like it hasn't been said a thousand times before, but we just all need to get collectively serious about burying these ding-dongs in 2019.

If Trudeau is still in power after Round 2, then I might consider taking up a hobby with less stress and intrusive government/RCMP oversight, like selling crack and opioids.
    Last edited by Siggy Stardust; 03-20-2018 at 04:31 PM.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by meatball74 View Post
    Granted that this will be a nightmare, but its a "not our problem" nightmare, its the FO's nightmare. And he'll never get the funding, so the transfers will never take place. Its ingenious really. They write the bills, they don't have to figure out if any of it is "Logical" or realistic to implement.

All that said. Its in its first reading... maybe it can be dragged out and never implemented until PM Dressup has to hold an election and is sent back to the substitute teachers pool in Quebec. And with THAT said I could see the NR transfer paperwork being dropped from the bill in the final reading.
    i agree with you there, i really hope the NR transfer BS is dropped from this at least. Any new legislation is too much, we simply don't have a gun problem in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy Stardust View Post
    This is why I see widespread non-compliance with this, just like the LGR.

I'm not going to get too excited about any of this until after the next election. I, perhaps naively, believe that a CPC government would do away with much of this crap if their past rhetoric is to believed, that is.

If the Trudeau is still in power in 2019, then I might consider taking up a hobby with less stress and intrusive government oversight, like selling crack and opioids.
    We should joint venture, I'm looking for a growth industry. While all the cops are chasing paperwork firearms criminals we can get lotza.people hooked.
    Are you allowed to eat doughnuts private Pyle?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SCDL View Post
    And then immediately crash because you can't shoot them, the number of potential buyers is fixed and they all already have one, so there's no incentive for them to have more paper weights unless they're just trying to catch 'em all.
    ^^ This ^^
    I don't understand the mentality of Rushing out to buy a rifle that stands a nearly 100% chance of becoming prohibited.

And am getting a kick out of all the retailers - "Hurry buy one now before you can never shoot it again". Vultures. Sounds more like "Hurry and buy these off us so we aren't stuck with them"...