Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181921 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill c-71

Quote Originally Posted by mbogo3 View Post
    Alberta separatist party will be back on the table or a Western Canada one.
    What about just a rural separatist party? 10 people walk into a room, 9 have 10 dollars, 1 has 1000. The nine vote to divide the money equally, so then they all have 109 dollars. Without any adherence to a set of rules, like a proper constitution, democracy is just organized bullying and robbery. No such thing as freedom my friends, just rights that the majority of the population is allowing you to have.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by EDX2308 View Post
    If I read that correctly, it means we have to report every non-restricted sale/trade and that long gun will be registered......
    From how I read it, it is only if the transferor requests it to CYA. Nowhere does it say that the transferor is mandated to initiate a reference number. I am reading if that was the case that would have been worded differently

I am confused about the ATT. Do I need to call every time I go to the range now?

Quote Originally Posted by Onagoth View Post
    Looks to me like the classification of the AR cannot be changed by the rcmp.

The schedule prescribing the AR to be restricted remains in tact
    From my interpretation they can no longer change a firearm back to non restricted if it was once deemed restricted/prohibited, they do still have the power to make a firearm restricted or prohibited...

Quoted from the CSSA,
    "The powers of the Governing Council to declare any firearm to be Non-Restricted has been revoked. The Governing Council may still be used to declare any firearms to be restricted or prohibited."
    Join CSSA. Vote Conservative Andrew Scheer in 2019 if you value your firearms!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gtnba View Post
    Reference Number for Transfer of Non-Restricted Firearms. The requirement for a reference number for transfer of non-restricted firearms is likely intended to improve public safety by identifying firearms licensees purchasing large numbers of firearms and who may be engaged in “straw purchases” for unlicensed individuals.

Confiscation of Prohibited Items without Compensation. This change is very troubling because the RCMP could reclassify an item as prohibited that was lawfully purchased under the previous interpretation, and then seize the item. I’m no lawyer but I believe this scenario is akin to an officially induced error. I don’t understand how an item can change classification unless it was misrepresented or originally classified in error, in which latter case the classifying authority should be liable for any damages caused by its error. For example, AR-type carbines lawfully purchased as restricted firearms, as specified by the RCMP or legislation, should not be seized without compensation if the RCMP reclassify them as prohibited, which implies that the RCMP erred in the original classification.
    I take the first (if it is actually saying that NR need a mandatory reference number) is the answer that everyone complained that there is no difference between a restricted gun and NR. So they raised the bar..
    Sometime be careful what you wish for

CGN Ultra frequent flyer LEXRated's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bile View Post
    Where's the petition against this?

Can it please be posted in the general or someplace I'll easily see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Simon View Post
    A petition will do nothing. Start wiring letters, emails don't count.
    Well one is better than none... particularly if its created by an MP first. If it's something on change.org than not much help, maybe just maybe if we get like 1million on it could be useful for media attention is probably about all.

The MP's need something to vote against showing constituency support, a proper petition could greatly help with that.

Whos the best chance we have to start that? Probably Andrew Scheer.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Onagoth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MET View Post
    From my interpretation they can no longer change a firearm back to non restricted if it was once deemed restricted/prohibited, they do still have the power to make a firearm restricted or prohibited...

Quoted from the CSSA,
    "The powers of the Governing Council to declare any firearm to be Non-Restricted has been revoked. The Governing Council may still be used to declare any firearms to be restricted or prohibited."
    I read it the same way.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

CGN Ultra frequent flyer LEXRated's Avatar
    oh, one more big deal... not a mention of how this new bill will be used against crime and stopping criminals. pretty sure its safe to actually say LITTERALLY NOT A WORD on the topic. This is IN FACT A TOTAL BILL DIRECTLY AFFECTING law abiding gun owners with impunity, confiscation, worse penalities and more complicated processes and IT SURE AS FLYS LOVE SH!T another Registry.

I read through all this, one other thing not mentioned was the fact that all the businesses will need a STANDARDIZED system to record the myriads of data... this in an of it self is separate to the CFO transfers process. It will eiather mean they all get one system, probably burdened onto the businesses or there would be two which would technically be two separate registries...

This is really bad people... plus the other stuff and more yet to be deciphered...

Quote Originally Posted by kennyclone View Post
    there is no way the CFO's will suddenly change their tone and allow specific prohibs to be suddenly transported
    There is no way of making sense out of foolish regulations/laws because they are only meant to deter the shooting sports and collecting interest.

One class of prohib. rifles is exempt from taking to the range because they are not as ugly to them as the others perhaps?
    "What we got here is a failure to communicate"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Onagoth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LEXRated View Post
    I read through all this, one other thing not mentioned was the fact that all the businesses will need a STANDARDIZED system to record the myriads of data... this in an of it self is separate to the CFO transfers process.
    Statutes do not typically detail out how ministries will enforce the law. They simply state the law, and putting it into practice is up to the executive branch
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman