Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 21214151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Bill c-71

Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic View Post

If we just ##### and moan on CGN we are gonna get stream rolled. Write a letter a day to your MP. It's free postage after all! Write or copy a letter, hit print but select 50 copies and drop a new letter into your companies outgoing mail EVERYDAY. We don't have anything like the NRA to look out for us, CCFR is toothless until their numbers are much higher. JOIN UP!

-Fluidic

(Future prediction - Canadian gun owners do nothing yet again and we lose more rights in June)

THIS.

Quoted in bold for truth.

Regarding the 12(9) stuff, can anyone tell me if you need a restricted to get it or can I apply for it or whatever just having a non-res licence?

The most concerning part of this bill for me is the circumvention of the Democratic process by handing control of firearm classification back to unelected RCMP officials.
    Last edited by 6.5x54R; 03-21-2018 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Words

BANNED
    Delete
    Last edited by ReverendX; 03-21-2018 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Deleted because I can.

Just got this in the email from the Lieberals:

Crimes and homicides involving guns are on the rise in Canada – causing devastating loss for far too many Canadian families. More guns have been falling into the hands of criminals and gang members, and more needs to be done to protect our communities.
    That's why the Liberal government is working to implement common-sense measures that will crack down on illegal handguns and assault weapons, creating safer communities while protecting the rights of law-abiding gun owners.
    This new legislation will:

• Implement stronger, more rigorous background checks for purchasing handguns or other restricted firearms;
    • Require industry best-practice record keeping by firearms vendors, accessible by police with a warrant to trace guns used in violent crimes;
    • Repeal Conservative changes that made it easier to transport restricted and prohibited firearms without a permit; and
    • Require vendors to validate someone's license before guns are sold.

These common-sense measures will make Canadian families safer while respecting the rights of gun owners. And let's be clear – none of these measures include re-creating a national long gun registry.
    But just as Stephen Harper did, Andrew Scheer and the Conservatives want to steadily weaken gun safety laws in Canada. Their policies would make it easier for dangerous handguns and assault rifles to end up in the hands of violent criminals, and they would weaken law enforcement's ability to prevent and prosecute gun crime.
    To win the leadership of the Conservative Party last year, Scheer's own platform promised to repeal Canadian firearms regulations – with specific pledges to increase gun magazine capacity and cut red tape for gun purchases.
    Former RCMP Commissioner Bob Paulson has said, "there's a rabid firearms lobby that has their hooks into the Conservatives, and they're aggressive."
    They're taking orders from Canada's NRA. And we can't let them win.
    Add your name now to stand up for common-sense gun control in Canada.
    Link to petition

Thank you,
    Liberal Party of Canada
    They are apparently running an online petition for this.
    Last edited by toomanyhobbies; 03-21-2018 at 05:09 PM. Reason: added comment & removed link

Economic Refugee

BANNED
    The logic of turning law abiding people into criminals overnight escapes me.

Criminals watch movies, and are generally smart enough to know that, if they want to use a gun for a crime, it's probably not a good idea to use their own.

So can they please cut the bull#### about that they're trying to save us Canadians from criminals? They think they're trying to save us from ourselves.

After all, Big Brother knows best. And has no problem spending billions of our money to prove it in the process, instead of putting it into something worthwhile, like education, old age pensions and health care.

####ing politicians and the yoke that needs them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippygunman View Post
    to need a transfer number for a non restricted sure sounds like a new registry to me. just dumping more tax payer money for a pointless law.
    when they decide to not issue any transfer numbers, all firearms sales will cease.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tippygunman View Post
    to need a transfer number for a non restricted sure sounds like a new registry to me. just dumping more tax payer money for a pointless law.
    Non compliance is the only option as long as you are not buying a new firearm from a dealer Sir.
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-trident-1 View Post
    when they decide to not issue any transfer numbers, all firearms sales will cease.
    LOL..it's not any of the true hardcore gun owners will worry about complying with that bull####,i'll deal with CGN guys with good feedback and members for a few years,might be time to get a list of garanteed sellers and buyers,and screw the CFO out of it completely,after all the new laws says "seller MAY ask for a reference number to transfer a NR"..well..i take "may" as my option yo get one or not get one,LOL.and how and when would these lines be open for buisness,what happens at gun shows,so ya,,screw this bull####,know who you're dealing with and you'll be fine,

Quote Originally Posted by bigplinker View Post
    After all, Big Brother knows best. And has no problem spending billions of our money to prove it in the process, instead of putting it into something worthwhile, like education, old age pensions and health care.
    Or maybe invest in areas that help prevent people from becoming homicidal maniacs .... the root of the problem, maybe?
    Take the red pill.