Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill c-71

I just tried reading this document... I can't make heads or tails out of it. I think I got the part about getting authorization to transfer a NR firearm, but I didn't get too much about anything else.

Oh, the CZ and the SwissArms are going prohib... Othere than that, I didn't get jack-#### out of this nauseating mess. What about ATTs for restricted?

CGN Regular
    IIRC, there is ONLY ONE firearms officer in Alberta (for example). This poor bastards (completely unlisted and nearly impossible to find) phone number is going to be ringing off the hook now. Cabela's will need a direct line. what a sh1t show.

Acknowledging that this is still early days, the level to which they want to sink their fingers into the normal day to day gun ownership is remarkable. Ok, some of the Restricted stuff, sure maybe the screws need to be a bit tighter, but the extent now is bananas.

Quote Originally Posted by Forester1986 View Post
    CZ should have to provide NR receivers to those customers who got screwed over by them pumping out converted receivers in the first place.
    It’s not CZ’s fault. Under their laws and rules they have done nothing wrong and they should not be accountable every time some banana republic like Canada becomes creatively incompetent. The reality is that our badly written laws are our problem. It’s also the risk you take being a gun owner in canada. If you bought you had rights or a secure ownership title then you’d better grow up fast because you are going to be disappointed

Well looks.like J.R. Cox , the owner of the shooting edge in Calgary, will be firearms community enemy number one again, he's the one that instigated this whole SAN review by the RCMP many years ago because he couldn't shut his pie hole. Long story to explain here but those interested can go digging and find the truth.

Sad really.
    Last edited by oddball_ted; 03-20-2018 at 04:29 PM.
    Are you allowed to eat doughnuts private Pyle?

Quote Originally Posted by hawk223 View Post
    Not detailed enough.
    What details are you looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by Strangeday View Post
    It’s not CZ’s fault. Under their laws and rules they have done nothing wrong and they should not be accountable every time some banana republic like Canada becomes creatively incompetent. The reality is that our badly written laws are our problem. It’s also the risk you take being a gun owner in canada. If you bought you had rights or a secure ownership title then you’d better grow up fast because you are going to be disappointed
    It's pretty plainly written that converted autos are prohib in Canada. The gun was made specifically for the Canadian market. Was not originally made with converted auto recievers. When they ran out of semi auto recievers they simply started converting auto recievers without looking into our laws. The entire issue with the CZ 858 family of firearms is their fault. Dealers should not have to peiodically dissasemble firearms to ensure some company didn't suddenly start to use converted auto recievers.

Reference Number for Transfer of Non-Restricted Firearms. The requirement for a reference number for transfer of non-restricted firearms is likely intended to improve public safety by identifying firearms licensees purchasing large numbers of firearms and who may be engaged in “straw purchases” for unlicensed individuals.

Confiscation of Prohibited Items without Compensation. This change is very troubling because the RCMP could reclassify an item as prohibited that was lawfully purchased under the previous interpretation, and then seize the item. I’m no lawyer but I believe this scenario is akin to an officially induced error. I don’t understand how an item can change classification unless it was misrepresented or originally classified in error, in which latter case the classifying authority should be liable for any damages caused by its error. For example, AR-type carbines lawfully purchased as restricted firearms, as specified by the RCMP or legislation, should not be seized without compensation if the RCMP reclassify them as prohibited, which implies that the RCMP erred in the original classification.
    Member CSSA

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve MKII View Post
    What details are you looking for?
    probably how they are going to handle the absolutely insane number of calls they'll be receiving from the thousands and thousands on NON RESTRICTED transfers that will occur DAILY. details like that you know. That they either over looked, or intended fully to dissuade private ownership and sales of any firearms.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by eldarbo View Post
    probably how they are going to handle the absolutely insane number of calls they'll be receiving from the thousands and thousands on NON RESTRICTED transfers that will occur DAILY. details like that you know. That they either over looked, or intended fully to dissuade private ownership and sales of any firearms.
    Granted that this will be a nightmare, but its a "not our problem" nightmare, its the FO's nightmare. And he'll never get the funding, so the transfers will never take place. Its ingenious really. They write the bills, they don't have to figure out if any of it is "Logical" or realistic to implement.

All that said. Its in its first reading... maybe it can be dragged out and never implemented until PM Dressup has to hold an election and is sent back to the substitute teachers pool in Quebec. And with THAT said I could see the NR transfer paperwork being dropped from the bill in the final reading.
    Last edited by meatball74; 03-20-2018 at 04:10 PM. Reason: cuz i wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by meatball74 View Post
    IIRC, there is ONLY ONE firearms officer in Alberta (for example). This poor bastards (completely unlisted and nearly impossible to find) phone number is going to be ringing off the hook now. Cabela's will need a direct line. what a sh1t show.

Acknowledging that this is still early days, the level to which they want to sink their fingers into the normal day to day gun ownership is remarkable. Ok, some of the Restricted stuff, sure maybe the screws need to be a bit tighter, but the extent now is bananas.
    The screws were already too tight.