Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Kodiak Defense 858 Rifles in stock

CGN Regular
    They only reason the 858 is prohibited is because right or wrong the receiver used is being classed as a converted auto.

Can someone explain something.
    When the original CZ prohibition happened under the Conservatives, the Cz858 year 2005, and 2006 were not under the original ban.
    I have a 2006 that was not considered a converted auto receiver. So my CZ is now covered by the ban?

Second can Wolverines swap out my receiver for a Kodak one?
    I use my CZ for deer hunting.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dad003's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    Get involved, write to the senate rep from your province, join the gun orgs and donate money were possible to initiatives that make sense to you!
    I invest in PVC pipe I guess it will be better money spent
    »The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.« Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Robert777 View Post
    When the original CZ prohibition happened under the Conservatives, the Cz858 year 2005, and 2006 were not under the original ban.
    I have a 2006 that was not considered a converted auto receiver. So my CZ is now covered by the ban?

Second can Wolverines swap out my receiver for a Kodak one?
    I use my CZ for deer hunting.
    I can see that there will be a requirement for re-building CZ 858 rifles with Kodiak receivers but Kodak is tied up with WK180-C production. I would suggest you sell your CZ 858 as no more are available to someone who wants to have the prohibited class and then purchase new Kodiak 858 from us, I expect you should be able to break even.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Steiner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert777 View Post
    Any comments on the above regarding 2005 and 2006 receivers and the new current legislation?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steiner View Post
    Any comments on the above regarding 2005 and 2006 receivers and the new current legislation?
    I'm no lawyer but my take on the new bill is that the prohibitions are by model and there are no provisions for any specific year of model.

Man, some sort of clarification would be helpful in terms of models/manufacturers that fall under the new bill:

Grandfathered firearms — CZ rifle
    (11) Subsection (10) applies in respect of a firearm that
    (a) is a
    (i) Ceská Zbrojovka (CZ) Model CZ858 Tactical-2P rifle,
    (ii) Ceská Zbrojovka (CZ) Model CZ858 Tactical-2V rifle,
    (iii) Ceská Zbrojovka (CZ) Model CZ858 Tactical-4P rifle, or
    (iv) Ceská Zbrojovka (CZ) Model CZ858 Tactical-4V rifle; and
    (b) was registered as a restricted firearm on June 30,2018 or, in the case of a firearm that was not a restricted firearm on that day, is the subject of an application made before the first anniversary of the commencement day for a registration certificate that is subsequently issued.
    have gun. will travel.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    So what is there to prevent the RCMP from naming all other CZ-858's, VZ-58's, Kodiak Defense 858's as variants of the 4 CZ-858's listed as prohibited in C-71?

If the can call a Mossberg .22 a variant of an AK-47..........
    Member: CSSA

What am I thinking........? If I wanted you to know, I'd be talking!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    I'm no lawyer but my take on the new bill is that the prohibitions are by model and there are no provisions for any specific year of model.
    No reference to any specific year of production or the reason for them being prohibited.

That's why i'm thinking all the others will be named variants and prohibited after C-71 is passed...
    Member: CSSA

What am I thinking........? If I wanted you to know, I'd be talking!

Wow, seems to be raining 858's over on the EE. Any thought to selling barreled receivers based on the 858? Seems that there might be a fair number of folks that have all the parts and furniture to fill out a stripped receiver/barrel. Would allow many to keep their shiny new prohib in the safe and keep on keeping on with their beloved 858 "style" of rifle in the manner they've become accustomed. Just a thought.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast