Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lvl III plate testing video from CompassArmor

CGN frequent flyer
    This is the most stupid video I have ever seen, to advertise something that way,it is obvious you do not understand impact forces on the human body!

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-2-2 View Post
    Is the pricing usd or cad?
    Hi,It is USD.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 220 View Post
    This is the most stupid video I have ever seen, to advertise something that way,it is obvious you do not understand impact forces on the human body!
    How so, care to inform the rest of us?
    #Originally Posted by#rustyn*t1#

Are you talking about checkers? Snakes and ladders? Trudeau is not smart enough to play chess.

I also think this plate performed poorly. 308 Win. E-tips are commercial hunting rounds designed for expansion and relatively low penetration to allow massive energy transfer.
    (polymer tip, lead core). Although they may be moving slightly faster the projectile is nothing like an FMJ round. I highly doubt this plate would stop 7.62x51 M80 Ball. The thought of using it as stand alone armour is nonsense against 7.62 rifle fire. I would suggest that this particular plate fits somewhere below Lvl. III and above Lvl. IIIA. For the price it seems like a decent value but I'd love to see it take a NATO round on film.

Expired Business Member
    If this is the most stupid video you've ever seen, I suppose you haven't seen many videos

Could you please elaborate in what way the video does not address your concerns about impact force,so that I may address them?

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kriko View Post
    I also think this plate performed poorly. 308 Win. E-tips are commercial hunting rounds designed for expansion and relatively low penetration to allow massive energy transfer.
    (polymer tip, lead core). Although they may be moving slightly faster the projectile is nothing like an FMJ round. I highly doubt this plate would stop 7.62x51 M80 Ball. The thought of using it as stand alone armour is nonsense against 7.62 rifle fire. I would suggest that this particular plate fits somewhere below Lvl. III and above Lvl. IIIA. For the price it seems like a decent value but I'd love to see it take a NATO round on film.
    Hi Kriko,

I'd like to address your concerns:

1. Under NIJ testing standards, level III armor is subject to the 7.62x51 M80 Ball.

"Type III hard armor or plate inserts shall be tested in a conditioned state with 7.62 mm
    FMJ, steel jacketed bullets (U.S. Military designation M80) with a specified mass of 9.6 g (147
    gr) and a velocity of 847 m/s ± 9.1 m/s (2780 ft/s ± 30 ft/s)"

see https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/223054.pdf (at page 18).

Our plates comply with this level III standard. It has already been tested by HP White Laboratory. We will be posting the report on our website shortly.

2. If the HP White Labs report isn't enough to alleviate your concerns, we will be posting a video subjecting the plate to the 7.62 NATO rounds shortly.

Let us know if there's anything else you'd like us to address!

CGN frequent flyer
    Well it seems you do not understand the laws of Physics, to show a video such as this when there are stupid people that try stunts with phone books etc. Is stupidity.
    When you make a reply as you did guarantees I will not buy anything from you!

Expired Business Member
    Well it seems you do not understand the laws of Physics, to show a video such as this when there are stupid people that try stunts with phone books etc. Is stupidity.
    When you make a reply as you did guarantees I will not buy anything from you!
    We know that no product is perfect, so we always welcome suggestions and constructive criticism to improve our products and services. Your comments such as “most stupid video ever” and “I do not buy Chinese” (https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...ssArmor!/page8) do not fit within these categories. Please refrain from making such statements in the future.

Thank you.

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by CompassArmor View Post
    We know that no product is perfect, so we always welcome suggestions and constructive criticism to improve our products and services. Your comments such as “most stupid video ever” and “I do not buy Chinese” (https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...ssArmor!/page8) do not fit within these categories. Please refrain from making such statements in the future.

Thank you.
    Testing body armour for NIJ lvl III compliance is a serious business. I think you, as a business, would be better served posting test reports from an accredited test lab than to post such an amateur video clip. May I also suggest that if you post a video of the test, that the test be strictly conducted according with NIJ standards? Otherwise it doesn't really prove anything, you just keep feeding the criticism and a disservice to your product.
    Last edited by Harry Potter; 03-24-2018 at 03:53 PM.
    HP

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
    Testing body armour for NIJ lvl III compliance is a serious business. I think you, as a business, would be better served posting test reports from an accredited test lab than to post such an amateur video clip. May I also suggest that if you post a video of the test, that the test be strictly conducted according with NIJ standards? Otherwise it doesn't really prove anything, you just keep feeding the criticism and a disservice to your product.
    Dear Harry Potter
    We totally agree with you, the video is just reference, testing report has been uploaded on our website.https://www.bodyarmour.shop/blogs/ne...pass-intl-corp .
    If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast